Amount of fat.....

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, I know that you can't have anything that has more than 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g of fat per meal, BUT what happens when you're having a meal & you know that the salad you've made with home made butter bean hummous, no fat cottage cheese, and ryvita and cream cheese, the salad and the butter bean hummous are all "free", ie no fat, BUT how do I count the amount of fat I'm having in a meal when they're all under 5g per 100g of fat and most of them are less, per 100g, fat content is 2, per triangle they're 0.4g, ham is 3.8g per 100g or for 3 slices 0.8g plus the ryvita, soooo, how do I work out what I've had in total for my whole lunch? I'm pretty certain I've not gone over 15g! 

I've not started on the tablets yet, I'm doing a whole week before & will start them on Friday so if I do have any issues, then at least I'm at home!! confused  Thanks guys!! x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya you just add them together so it would be the 0.4 x 2  cheese triangles which would be 0.8g + 0.8g for ham = 1.6 plus whatever your ryvitas are smile so you will be well under smile xxxx
    • Posted

Sorry susan94178, Just another question, I feel quite hungry between meals, so have been snacking on carrot sticks & apples (well I say snacking, 1 of those pre-prepared bags of carrot sticks will last me 4 days) so is it ok to snack?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.