Amount of Fat per meal.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My instructions and GP told me to eat 30% of my calories at each meal, made up of fat. A lot of you talk about eating 15g of fat at each meal. Are the two the same or are we being told different things?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mimi  its actually  45g fat a day   15g with each of your 3meals a day hope this helps  mags. Xx
  • Posted

The 15g of fat per meal is a maximum; sometimes it will be a lot less. If you have more in any one meal with the tablets you are likely to suffer dire consequences!  If you look at My Fitness Pal the recommended amount of fat in your diet is 30% but mine is usually much less than that. The proportions recommended are 50% carbohydrate, 20% protein, 30% fat.
  • Posted

Hi, Sally000 - thanks for that. This is where I think the pills aren't working for me. I know on a few occasions I've had more fat than 45g a day, from pizza, wine and cheese but not had ill effects. I guess I might be one of the unlucky ones.
  • Posted

There is no fat in wine, but cheese is a big NO on these tablets. It's one thing I really miss! Pizza can be okay if home-made. I have done it sometimes with lots of tomato onion and mushroom on top, and cheese on everybody else's but not mine. Then it appears we are all having the same thing. I certainly wouldn't have a shop pizza.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.