Amoxicillin?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been prescribed amoxicillin by a doctor for what she thinks is sinus issues so she said the take the course and see if it improves my symptoms. However i have no facial pain which im sure is the main symptom of sinus infection so im unsure whether to take the amoxicillin or not ? i dont want to take it if its unnecessary so any advice would be great.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Facial pain is only one of many symptoms of a sinus infection. I have a bad sinus infection and have no facial pain . I would take the Amoxicillin

• Posted

My symptoms include excessive sinus drainage, ear stuffiness and popping, terrible congestion with not being able to breathe. My ENT doctor is having me do a sinus rinse twice daily and take an antibiotic called Cednifir. Be sure to take your Amoxicillin with food as it can upset your stomach

• Posted

I have had plenty of sinus infections without any facial pain at all.

In fact when I had my FESS operation the surgeon told me that both of my maxillary sinuses were badly infected, but prior to the surgery I was facial pain free.

Good luck and I would take the full course.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.