Amputation

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had polio at 10 months old in 1952 left my left leg paralysed no muscle movement. A year ago I had total knee replacement which has been a nightmare left with crutches can't bent my leg properly or put my heel down. Been told to either stay like I am or have my leg amputated. Just wondered has anybody had same or similar or can give any advice please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for posting this. I am also a polio survivor and I have read that recovery from surgery can be problematic for us. I certainly will be more cautious after reading your story before I consider corrective surgery for problems.I do hope you are doing better. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your message. Yes need to be so careful before having surgery big mistake I made but can't change it now. But I'm still on crutches and getting around so can't complain as other people can't even do that. Thank you again it was lovely to hear from you. Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.