An acute case of eustachian tube Dysfunction or misguided ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All,

i am Abhi and i have been suffering for ear pressure related disorder for over 3 years now. Every time u travel in a car or an elevator my ears get full of pressure, my ears ( particularly the right ear ) isnt able to cope and the muscles along my face ( on the jaw and under the jaw ) start to spasm if one looks at me, the muscles would like they are twitching.

i initially thought it was more to do with the Disc, i have done an MRI and the disc has slipped, i constantly hear a clicking like sound,

i have made splints but they didnt help, i have met doctors who perform Arthroscopy of TMJ but even they arent really sure as to whats wrong with me.

i cant travel or even take the elevator anymore

i do have a tmj issue but im not sure where is the ETD coming from, i have met over 7 ENTs they have all said my ear is fine.

i would really appreciate any help whatsoever please ill lay down my symptoms again

• Pressure in both ears when i travel by car or elevator to a point that my ears are full of pressure and i can hear the muscles spasamming i can see the muscles under the jaw on both sides twitching,
  • i cant breath when this happens
  • at all points there is no pain- there is only pressure like someone is pushing the muscles on the jaw inward and pulling it
  • some times i get pain in the jaw but usually its just pressure

i have 2 teeth missing on the upper left jaw and almost 4 teeth on the upper left jaw are missing or need work done

please help me im losing my mind, the moment the crosses car 40km/hr the pressure unbearable

i am able to open my jaw and pain is almost negligible

please help

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.