Skip to content

Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

All discussions in this group

Next
  • sick and tired

In 2014 after suffering with sinus pain, infections and constant post nasal drip (never sneeze and never get itchy eyes).   I saw a piece on the local news for balloon sinuplasty and after having the procedure, my sinus pain has only been an issue once.   Although it also helped with ear pain,...

Last reply
  • Clogged ear for 5 month - lots of exams that show nothing

Hi everyone,  I must say that I thought about writing down a post here, but I didn't do it till now.  It's been almost 5 month since my misery had started, meaning, the ear pressure, to be specific, it's only on the right ear.  It all started one day, with lymph node that...

Last reply
  • Retracted ear drum, 18 months of pain

Hi It's difficult to write this because of the pain. 18 months ago I was on a flight, when the flight was descending I had the most excruciating pain in both my ears for around 10 minutes. After the flight my ears didn't feel right but there wasn't any lasting pain. 3 weeks passed and...

Last reply
  • Patulous Eustachian Tube Question

Hi All. I actually live in the U.S. but this was the most recent forum I could find. I was wondering if anybody else has considered air pressure changes as a cause for Patulous Eustachian Tube? I have been dealing with this for several years, close to 8 or 9 now and recently it seems like my ear...

Last reply
  • Cured my eustachian tube dysfunction

I've had this problem off and on for years.  I have allergies, so always assumed it was related to that.  Nope.  This past year, I discovered I also have a thyroid issue, and ETD can be related to hypothyroidism.  Well, even on thyroid hormone I still had the ETD.   So I've...

Last reply
  • Has anyone ever had this happen before?

To give background info: I'm 14 and got my braces put on in February of last year. They never really caused me any discomfort though as of recently they've made my left cheek feel tight. The last time my wires were changed was on January 5th of this year, which is when my ears started to feel...

Last reply
  • Looking for ENT Dr. for Eustachian tube dilation

I’ve had Eustachian tube dysfunction since 2009, had tubes inserted twice.  Dr. won’t do another as the scar tissue causes hearing loss. The ENT doc closest to me has bad reviews.  I live in NJ, consider going to NYC or Philly. Does anyone know a doc that does the procedure there?  I called...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus and excess mucus

This started a week ago at night I started getting ringing sensation in both my ears which persisted that night and wouldn't let me sleep went to the Ent department and got diagnosed as eustachian tube blockage as I had popping of ears and had to constantly swallow so that the ears feel better had...

Last reply
  • Im losing my sanity fast

My right ear is thumping on and off...sounds like thunder or heavy drums. Can't sleep,cant concentrate and I'm getting on everyone's nerves. The doctor at the hospital emergency said I got trapped fluid behind the drum.The next day it went to town with drumming.....i want to end my life,I...

Last reply
  • Possible ETD caused by allergy?

Hello, new here so please bare with me.  I have suffered with tinnitus since September, ears crackle when I swallow/yawn and have had bouts of dizziness. I have a dust mite allergy which I use nasal sprays for (Avamys being one of them). It’s had a massive impact on my social life as the thought...

Last reply
  • Ear Blockage & Lost Taste

Hi, I am sharing my experience of my ENT problems that started last March and grateful for any insights. Started with a blocked right ear & reduced hearing one evening. Then in June after upper respiratory tract infection I have lost more than 50% of my ability to taste which I have no idea if related....

Last reply
  • Eustachian tube - how long does it take to drain?

Last week i started feeling fluid move down from my ear to my throat. Felt thick and moved slow. Now i feel the fluid more loose and feel it try to drain a few times a day. Is it a good sign if the fluid feels more loose? How long until it fully drains and i stop feeling the fluid? Its a weird and...

Last reply
  • Clogged ears, tinnitus, and crackling when swallow

Hello All, I have been suffering for about three weeks now with my ears feeling like they are stuffed up or full, tinnitus, and every time I swallow my ears sound like they are crackling. The stuffed up feeling moves from ear to ear but mainly stays in the left. That also happens with the tinnitus....

Last reply
  • Doctors won't listen

My symptoms include constant popping/crackling and mild fullness, but the main symptom that drives me insane is the "drippy" feeling! For as long as I can remember (I'm 28 now) I have had this "drippy" feeling. I notice it mostly when I lay on my side. For instance, if I'm...

Last reply
  • Eustachian tube dilation success stories

Who has had the eustachian tube dilation and it was a success for you! I have met only 1 person. Mine was NOT a success. They say the success rate is 80%. I would like to hear from anyone who it has worked for.....was it instant or it took weeks for you to feel that it worked.??

Last reply
  • Nortriptyline for Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

Has anyone been prescribed for Nortriptyline for Eustachian Tube Dysfunction?  My ENT has prescribed this after trying everything else.  He said the pressure/pain/dizziness is all nerve based???   I am confused and took one last night as a last resort but don't notice any difference.  

Last reply
  • Eustacian Tube Dysfunction! Argh!!!!

Hi! I've been suffering for around about a year now, and my goodness has this got me down. It's been life changing, and I'm desperate to get my life back! I used to enjoy so many things, travelling being one of them. Now due to my ear and the pressure that happen when I travel (even the smallest...

Last reply
  • My ear sorted!!!

Hello, after (i'm sorry but only) 2 weeks of prodding and poking and putting oil in and using every ear product under the sun except for the ear candles (cos I burnt myself last time) I am pleased to say I have sorted my ear. After the doctor said there was nothing wrong with either ear I eventually...

Last reply
  • Determining whether I am suffering from ETD or TMJ

Recently have an ear and jaw issue where my right ear feels like it needs popping and the top of my jaw bone just under the ear lobe is very sore.  ENT thinks it might be fluid in the inner ear and has ordered a choclea scan to determine.  My hearing has tested perfect, but still feel like...

Last reply
  • Post Surgery results, observations

Hello all !!! ​ As some of you know, I had my surgery ( Balloon dilation of the Eustachian tube ) on Friday 7/7/2017.  I was under general anesthesia ( pleasant experience ) and the procedure took about 20 minutes. Some observations. Procedure was painless post op except for the soreness in my throat...

Last reply
  • Possible sinus issues

I have been experiencing ear pain in my right ear and popping and crackling in both ears. I went to the emergency room twice and they put me on antibiotics and pain medication. The reason for that was because when the dr looked into my ears they did not see an infection. After 3 days and my symptoms...

Last reply
  • Balloon dilation procedure

I live in Michigan, in the United States. Wondering if anyone here has ever had the balloon dialation procedure? Who was the Dr. ? What was the outcome? Any comments would be helpful.

Last reply
  • ETD - tubes made the problem worse?

Hi all, I've had the typical crackling/popping sounds with some ear pressure for almost a year now, and was diagnosed with ETD a few months ago. None of the medications worked, so my doctor finally decided to try tubes.  He only implanted one, to see if it helped, before doing the other. ...

Last reply
  • ETD TUBE

Is there anyone who had a tube put in the ear for ETD, that it helped?. Just confused on rather or not to have it done. Even tho ENT says the ear drum is retracting and causing a bone to rise, thus possibly a cause for dizziness. I have Tinnitis as well..Feel like I have to do something!

Last reply
  • New Member with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

Hello everybody, I was wondering if I could come aboard and ask for a little help or guidance?. ​In March of this year(2017) I began to notice something wrong with my ears.  They felt full and puffed as if I had a cold but I didn't.  I also noticed that sometimes the cold air would leave...

Last reply
  • ETD- treatment success?

As frustrating as ETD is, i'm relieved to hear i'm not alone. I've had it for 18 months, which started after I lost my balance on a water ride, which resulted with a large amount of water pressure hitting my right ear. Since then, i have constrantly tried to un\"pop\"...

Last reply
  • ETD : Don't let the Doctors fobb you off.

I just want to share my experience here in the hope it might help others, as I keep reading how people are suffering from ETD for years, and I could have suffered too if I'd not been so persistent. I'm a professional musician so my ears are my life. For 10 years, on and off I would get...

Last reply
  • Clicking/Popping in Ear after talking and when running

Hello,  A few weeks ago, I noticed a pop/crack in my one ear after each sentence I speak.  I also went for a run this weekend and could hear it when the same foot as the impacted ear.  My ear has a little bit of a full sensation sometimes and overall both ears don't feel exactly right. ...

Last reply
  • Have to fly soon with my chronic ETD help!

Hi everyone long story short I've had my ETD since May of 2016 consistently with hardly any relief. Everyone I know is sick of hearing about it haha. My ENT has given me the steroid sprays which have done nothing and says that I'm too young (25) for him to want to do any surgeries because it's...

Last reply
  • Balloon dilation of eustachian tube blockage

Hi, I suffered from eustachian tube dysfunction since I got a serious sinusitis and a cold last September. I saw coutless ear and throat doctors and took numerous medicines but cannot unblock my ears. I am doing exercise, massage, sunna and eating healthy food but no cure. I searched Internet and found...

Last reply
  • One year anniversary

It was one year ago on 1/1/17 that I woke up with my ear clogged and everything went downhill from there.   I've posted the story before so I won't bore you with the details but I will say that I am about 90% better.   According to my ENT, allergist and orofacial pain dentist,...

Last reply
  • 90% cured! Getting close to 100!

Hey everyone! I was suffering with ETD for almost 4 months and I think I’ve found the light at the end of the tunnel. I wanted to give you all an update. I tried everything the ENT’s had given me. Nasal sprays, allergy meds, steroids (Prednisone), antibiotics, sudafed and pretty much everything else...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.