Skip to content

Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Eustachian tubes - what now?

Hi, can anyone help, long story short, had sinus infection, took a flight, went to Dr,  nasal spray, cold & flu tablet, nasal rinse - both ears still blocked.  Dr then told me to take 10 day course of 3x500 mg amoxcillin.  Finished this course yesterday, while the awful pressure …

Last reply
  • Have to fly soon with my chronic ETD help!

Hi everyone long story short I've had my ETD since May of 2016 consistently with hardly any relief. Everyone I know is sick of hearing about it haha. My ENT has given me the steroid sprays which have done nothing and says that I'm too young (25) for him to want to do any surgeries because …

Last reply
  • Eustachian Tube Balloon Dilation

I have been experiencing Eustachian tube dysfunction starting about 4 years ago. Over the last 8 months it has been non-stop with ear closing off, crackling, popping, clicking when I swallow, pressure and tinnitus. I live on the wast coast of US in Seattle and have been to 2 GP, 5 ENT, 2 Allergists, …

Last reply
  • Cholesteotoma or infection?

I have diagnosed ETD, although the symptoms indicate PET not ETD (this is an ongoing discussion with my ENT). Anyway, i have had an outer ear infection the last week or so, i've been given Otomise to treat it, although the infection discharge stopped before i started taking it.  I've …

Last reply
  • ETD - will it go away?

Hi, everyone. I have been suffering from ETD for a month now. Although it is not as bad as the rest of you here, it is making me really anxious. My symptoms include popping sounds when swallowing, muffled hearing (not severe), and sometimes sharp ear pain and ticklish feeling. The doctor said this …

Last reply
  • Clogged ear for 5 month - lots of exams that show nothing

Hi everyone,  I must say that I thought about writing down a post here, but I didn't do it till now.  It's been almost 5 month since my misery had started, meaning, the ear pressure, to be specific, it's only on the right ear.  It all started one day, with lymph node …

Last reply
  • Ear troubles, please any advice on what its most likely to be??

I've had ear issues in my left ear for 4 years now. when there is a loud noise my ear feels a low bass-like pressure is pushing on my eardrum I think thats pressure imbalance???? It happens when my people talk too loud, when something drops on the floor, when there is a song on and the beats …

Last reply
  • Bad ETD - what works?

I've had ETD for the last few weeks- pressure build up and mucus possibly due to not blowing my nose for three months after having a myringoplasty. I've had to be super careful! The perforated ear drum has now heeled but this ETD is horrible!! Just wondered if anyone else has had this and …

Last reply
  • Ear pain close to 2 months

Hello-first time posting, I’ve been experiencing phantom and sharp ear pains in my inner right ear for close to two months. I originally went to the Doctor Who checked my ear, no infection but said it was inflamed and prescribed me Flonase, most likely due to allergies. Please note, I have never …

Last reply
  • Eustachian tube dilation success stories

Who has had the eustachian tube dilation and it was a success for you! I have met only 1 person. Mine was NOT a success. They say the success rate is 80%. I would like to hear from anyone who it has worked for.....was it instant or it took weeks for you to feel that it worked.??

Last reply
  • Eustachian tube - how long does it take to drain?

Last week i started feeling fluid move down from my ear to my throat. Felt thick and moved slow. Now i feel the fluid more loose and feel it try to drain a few times a day. Is it a good sign if the fluid feels more loose? How long until it fully drains and i stop feeling the fluid? Its a weird …

Last reply
  • Sinus Clear and Ear

has anyone tried this?  Someone mentioned it on the FB ETD Page.  The reviews are great for ear issues.  I ordered it but it won’t be here until next week.  

Posted
  • Hearing loss related to head injury and ETD?

September 2016 Fell off of a wall around 3 am. Remember the fall and severe pain in chest and the need to fall asleep. Approximately 15 minutes later a friend carried me to the car, I was able to speak normally, although slightly confused. About 5 minutes later I started feeling a severe pain in …

Last reply
  • Please, please can someone shed light in my situation?

Hi all, I'm gonna break this down real for y'all. Summer 2016 - went on holiday to Malta 3 weeks after the holiday - woke up in middle of night. Loud beep in my left ear followed by the air feeling completely blocked and closed. Went to sleep. Next day - woke up with no pain but …

Last reply
  • Eustachian Tube issues for well over a year

Hello all, Male/34/UK/Non Smoker/Non Drinker. For over a year now, I've been experiencing problems with my right ear, symptoms are as follows: Ear popping, causing me to hear my voice in my head. This seems to be pronounced when I exercise and I'm breathing heavily. The pop can also make …

Last reply
  • Better Worse Better

I haven’t been here for a while.  For a few months my ears have been about 80 tp 90% normal. My TMJ has been in remission and my allergies have been pretty much controlled.  Fast forward to about 10 days ago and my ears felt full and wet. Lots of popping and crackling.  The allergist …

Last reply
  • My ear sorted!!!

Hello, after (i'm sorry but only) 2 weeks of prodding and poking and putting oil in and using every ear product under the sun except for the ear candles (cos I burnt myself last time) I am pleased to say I have sorted my ear. After the doctor said there was nothing wrong with either ear I …

Last reply
  • Strong ear cracking/popping already for 5 months/any advice

Hi, my problems started with ear infection in august last year, which caused then one side subjective tinnitus, had cope with dealing with tinnitus and just got stronger after stress, somehow got used of it with some masking in the night, but then other problems started. One month later my other …

Last reply
  • Headache for 4 weeks, intense ear pressure

Please help I need to know I'm not alone. It all started 4 weeks ago, with a dull headache over my left eye to the base of skull. I was pretty sure it was tension. It didn't go away, and about 2 weeks ago I started getting head and ear pressure off and on all day everyday. I went to …

Last reply
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

In August last year I went to a music festival, and afterwards my left ear felt blocked. A few days later I went on holiday and as I usually do I got some pain in my ears and my left ear was blocked for quite some time. Fast forward to now and I’m still suffering. My ear doesn’t feel blocked or ‘ …

Last reply
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction Cure

As far as I know, there is not ETD cure, yet. I am interested in finding one. I am a Caucasian 34 year old man living in Santa Clara, CA. I have a BA in Psychology and work in a Neuroscience Lab. I was diagnosed with ETD a year ago. I have been suffering from it for 17 years. 13 …

Last reply
  • Ear tube insertion - expected results post-surgery??

I had been dealing with fluid in my left ear and caved-in ear drum for close to a year after a bad head cold last July 2017.   After allergy route and various pills and decongestants, I finally got the procedure done to put a tube inserted two days ago (Monday 6/18). What should expect …

Last reply
  • ETD and dizziness!

Hi! I've suffered from Eustacian Tube Dysfunction for some time. A new symptom I'm having is bouts of dizziness/wobbliness, followed sometimes by a throbbing in my nose area. I'm just looking for reassurance that this is just the norm with this problem, and would be interested if anyone …

Last reply
  • Post Surgery results, observations

Hello all !!! ​ As some of you know, I had my surgery ( Balloon dilation of the Eustachian tube ) on Friday 7/7/2017.  I was under general anesthesia ( pleasant experience ) and the procedure took about 20 minutes. Some observations. Procedure was painless post op except for the soreness in my …

Last reply
  • Ear Pressure, Dizziness/Woozy feeling and imbalance. ETD ?

Hello, My problems started exactly one year ago. I started having this woozy feeling which is somewhat hard to describe. Its like my head is heavy.Its almost constantly there, and i can always feel it in the background, its like a mild wooziness in the frontal part of my head. around the same time …

Last reply
  • Balloon dilation procedure

I live in Michigan, in the United States. Wondering if anyone here has ever had the balloon dialation procedure? Who was the Dr. ? What was the outcome? Any comments would be helpful.

Last reply
  • 90% cured! Getting close to 100!

Hey everyone! I was suffering with ETD for almost 4 months and I think I’ve found the light at the end of the tunnel. I wanted to give you all an update. I tried everything the ENT’s had given me. Nasal sprays, allergy meds, steroids (Prednisone), antibiotics, sudafed and pretty much everything …

Last reply
  • Tinnitus and excess mucus

This started a week ago at night I started getting ringing sensation in both my ears which persisted that night and wouldn't let me sleep went to the Ent department and got diagnosed as eustachian tube blockage as I had popping of ears and had to constantly swallow so that the ears feel better …

Last reply
  • Ear Blockage & Lost Taste

Hi, I am sharing my experience of my ENT problems that started last March and grateful for any insights. Started with a blocked right ear & reduced hearing one evening. Then in June after upper respiratory tract infection I have lost more than 50% of my ability to taste which I have no idea if …

Last reply
  • No Improvement at all !

Hello all ! ​It's been just over 8 weeks since my ETD balloon dilation. Unfortunately and despairingly I have had no improvement, Wake up every a.m. and it's like "Groundhog Day" for my Eustachian tube.(sic). Still taking Xanax for the anxiety, but it seems I've built up a …

Last reply
  • Not sure if ETD or Meniere's...please help.

Hello,  I am a 31 year old male, 6'1, 174 lbs. About 3 months ago I went to see my general doctor and I told him that my right ear was blocked up and that I had hearing loss and everything sounded muffled. After examining me and not seeing anything in my ear, he told me that I most likely …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.