Skip to content

Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

All discussions in this group

Next
  • ETD and dizziness!

Hi! I've suffered from Eustacian Tube Dysfunction for some time. A new symptom I'm having is bouts of dizziness/wobbliness, followed sometimes by a throbbing in my nose area. I'm just looking for reassurance that this is just the norm with this problem, and would be interested if anyone else...

Last reply
  • Clogged ear for 5 month - lots of exams that show nothing

Hi everyone,  I must say that I thought about writing down a post here, but I didn't do it till now.  It's been almost 5 month since my misery had started, meaning, the ear pressure, to be specific, it's only on the right ear.  It all started one day, with lymph node that...

Last reply
  • Post Surgery results, observations

Hello all !!! ​ As some of you know, I had my surgery ( Balloon dilation of the Eustachian tube ) on Friday 7/7/2017.  I was under general anesthesia ( pleasant experience ) and the procedure took about 20 minutes. Some observations. Procedure was painless post op except for the soreness in my throat...

Last reply
  • Eustachian tube dilation success stories

Who has had the eustachian tube dilation and it was a success for you! I have met only 1 person. Mine was NOT a success. They say the success rate is 80%. I would like to hear from anyone who it has worked for.....was it instant or it took weeks for you to feel that it worked.??

Last reply
  • Ear Pressure, Dizziness/Woozy feeling and imbalance. ETD ?

Hello, My problems started exactly one year ago. I started having this woozy feeling which is somewhat hard to describe. Its like my head is heavy.Its almost constantly there, and i can always feel it in the background, its like a mild wooziness in the frontal part of my head. around the same time i...

Last reply
  • Balloon dilation procedure

I live in Michigan, in the United States. Wondering if anyone here has ever had the balloon dialation procedure? Who was the Dr. ? What was the outcome? Any comments would be helpful.

Last reply
  • 90% cured! Getting close to 100!

Hey everyone! I was suffering with ETD for almost 4 months and I think I’ve found the light at the end of the tunnel. I wanted to give you all an update. I tried everything the ENT’s had given me. Nasal sprays, allergy meds, steroids (Prednisone), antibiotics, sudafed and pretty much everything else...

Last reply
  • Hearing loss related to head injury and ETD?

September 2016 Fell off of a wall around 3 am. Remember the fall and severe pain in chest and the need to fall asleep. Approximately 15 minutes later a friend carried me to the car, I was able to speak normally, although slightly confused. About 5 minutes later I started feeling a severe pain in my...

Posted
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction Cure

As far as I know, there is not ETD cure, yet. I am interested in finding one. I am a Caucasian 34 year old man living in Santa Clara, CA. I have a BA in Psychology and work in a Neuroscience Lab. I was diagnosed with ETD a year ago. I have been suffering from it for 17 years. 13 years...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus and excess mucus

This started a week ago at night I started getting ringing sensation in both my ears which persisted that night and wouldn't let me sleep went to the Ent department and got diagnosed as eustachian tube blockage as I had popping of ears and had to constantly swallow so that the ears feel better had...

Last reply
  • Eustachian Tube issues for well over a year

Hello all, Male/34/UK/Non Smoker/Non Drinker. For over a year now, I've been experiencing problems with my right ear, symptoms are as follows: Ear popping, causing me to hear my voice in my head. This seems to be pronounced when I exercise and I'm breathing heavily. The pop can also make it...

Last reply
  • Ear Blockage & Lost Taste

Hi, I am sharing my experience of my ENT problems that started last March and grateful for any insights. Started with a blocked right ear & reduced hearing one evening. Then in June after upper respiratory tract infection I have lost more than 50% of my ability to taste which I have no idea if related....

Last reply
  • No Improvement at all !

Hello all ! ​It's been just over 8 weeks since my ETD balloon dilation. Unfortunately and despairingly I have had no improvement, Wake up every a.m. and it's like "Groundhog Day" for my Eustachian tube.(sic). Still taking Xanax for the anxiety, but it seems I've built up a resistance...

Last reply
  • Not sure if ETD or Meniere's...please help.

Hello,  I am a 31 year old male, 6'1, 174 lbs. About 3 months ago I went to see my general doctor and I told him that my right ear was blocked up and that I had hearing loss and everything sounded muffled. After examining me and not seeing anything in my ear, he told me that I most likely have...

Posted
  • Eustacian Tube Dysfunction

Hi there, I am a 21 year old male who is currently suffering from symptoms resembling Patulous Eustacian Tube Dysfunction, where the eustacian tube remains partially open. This causes me to suffer from a feeling of fullness in both ears. I have suffered with this problem for about a year now and it...

Last reply
  • Balloon Dilation vs Ear Tube (Tympanostomy Tube)

Dear All, ​I have been suffering from Eustachian Tube Dysfunction since Nov (6 months ago).  The main symptom is pressure build up (-d 120) and pain coming from the "back of my ear" frequently.  On top of that, left side of my nose constantly experienced nasal blockage as well most...

Last reply
  • Struggling with proper diagnosis, any ideas what to do next?

Hi all, Bit of pre-info to my problem: For 10-12 months now I have had pressure in both ears with clicking and popping sounds when I yawn, swallow etc. Like when your ears pop when the pressure changes on plane. I am constantly trying to equalize my ears by holding both nostrils and breath out through...

Last reply
  • Balloon dilation of eustachian tube blockage

Hi, I suffered from eustachian tube dysfunction since I got a serious sinusitis and a cold last September. I saw coutless ear and throat doctors and took numerous medicines but cannot unblock my ears. I am doing exercise, massage, sunna and eating healthy food but no cure. I searched Internet and found...

Last reply
  • Cured my eustachian tube dysfunction

I've had this problem off and on for years.  I have allergies, so always assumed it was related to that.  Nope.  This past year, I discovered I also have a thyroid issue, and ETD can be related to hypothyroidism.  Well, even on thyroid hormone I still had the ETD.   So I've...

Last reply
  • Tired of chronic sinusitis

Hello. I'm 30 years old and I've had ear issues since middle school. Nothing major, just congestion for about half of a year and the occasional ear infection. In college it started to become more chronic. I had to use flonase often to avoid feeling stuffy headed, but in the past 2-3 years my...

Last reply
  • Eustachian Tube Balloon Dilation

I have been experiencing Eustachian tube dysfunction starting about 4 years ago. Over the last 8 months it has been non-stop with ear closing off, crackling, popping, clicking when I swallow, pressure and tinnitus. I live on the wast coast of US in Seattle and have been to 2 GP, 5 ENT, 2 Allergists,...

Last reply
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction...surgical success

First, let me apologize to all of you who are or have been suffering from ETD...and have not been able to find help for this life altering affliction.  My apology is because after many months of suffering with this horror, I did have balloon dilation surgery (July 13, 2017) on both of my ears and...

Last reply
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction - Over 6 Months

I was diagnosed with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction in October and after a few months of being told to see how it goes I was given Flixonase nasal drops for 6 weeks. Unfortunately, this hasn't solved the problem. I've been told grommets are only funded in exceptional cases and you need to have...

Last reply
  • Possible ETD Relief... After ear infection

Also read: "Possible ETD Relief... may also apply to hearing and tinnitus issues"  I originally wrote this about a month ago, but wanted to make sure I improved. Since then, there has been a new finding. There are two pieces to the puzzle. ETD for about 5 months,...

Last reply
  • Can ETD be this bad?

I went to the urgent care months ago and was diagnosed with ETD. I had on and off symptoms over the past 5 years but now it is just very steady. For some reason I think it has to do more with anxiety, but even when im not anxious I still feel the same. My biggest symptom is imbalance while walking and...

Last reply
  • Desperate for a solution - chronic Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

I am 23 years old and have been suffering from chronic Eustachian tub dysfunction (ETD) for almost 2 years now. Just before my graduation from university in May 2016, I got an extremely bad cold, resulting in stuffy ears (what I fondly refer to as my earmuff sensation). Unfortunately, my ears never went...

Last reply
  • My ear sorted!!!

Hello, after (i'm sorry but only) 2 weeks of prodding and poking and putting oil in and using every ear product under the sun except for the ear candles (cos I burnt myself last time) I am pleased to say I have sorted my ear. After the doctor said there was nothing wrong with either ear I eventually...

Last reply
  • 20 days and counting :(

20 days ago I woke up and all the hearing in my left ear was completely muffled. Prior to this I had only ever had one ear infection in that ear which was about 2 years beforehand. No head cold but I do suffer from allergies so it is always my daily routine to take an over the counter antihistamine....

Last reply
  • ETD and Diuretics (water pills)

hello to all ETD sufferers.  I have an inner ear disease called Meniere's Disease that has as one of it's symptoms a fullness in the ear that might resemble ETD.  I've found that taking a diuretic (50-75mg) dailey has completely eliminated my ear fullness.  I'm wondering...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.