Ears wont fully pop, advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been coping with ETD in both ears for about a year now, and I've recently started getting painful throbbing headaches in my temples which convinced me to start taking my problem more seriously.

Basically, there is a near constant pressure deep in my ears that will not leave me alone no matter what I do. When I try to 'pop' my ears, there will be a popping sound, and then the pressure in my ears kind of 'expands' almost like a bubble. I'm not really sure how to explain it, but it feels like it moves further up my ears, but can't quite escape. Sometimes my ears do this on their own, without me trying to pop them first, when I'm yawning or chewing. if i continue to try and pop my ears, it becomes very painful. When this happens, every sound becomes amplified. When my ears aren't popped, everything sounds normal but I can feel tension in my jaw and through my temples, as well as that constant pressure very deep in my ear. The only time I have relief is right after I wake up. Does anyone know how I can fix this? i'm currently using a nasal spray prescribed by my doctor 2x a day, but it hasn't done anything so far. Is it something other than ETD?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi. I kind of know how you feel. My tubes have been severely blocked for 3 months now and I'm about ready to go off the deep end. The constant pressure and feeling of fullness in my e tubes is debilitating. When I do the valsalva method it sometimes makes my tubes feel worse and more blocked. Like I'm making them angry for disturbing them. I can't imagine your dealing with this for a year! What kind of Dr. did you see and what kind of nasal spray are you using and for how long? Do you have muffled hearing? Do you have any sinus issues? Do. you ever hear\ feel a snapping sound in your ears or nose? What did your Dr. say was the diagnosis? Do you have any other major health issues? When did this come on? After a cold maybe? Sorry for all the questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.