Grommets for ETD

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, i've been suffering with EDT for over a year now. It's making me so anxious and depressed. I feel like its ruining my life, putting strain on my family life and some days i just wish i would die as i cant take anymore.

I have tried many nasal sprays, antihistimines and Flixonase nasules. Nothing has really helped.

i cant pop my right ear at all, and feel the need to pop my left ear through out the day as it feels like i have air bubbles and it makes it sound strange when i talk.

main symptoms are ear pressure, feeling of fullness, itching, earache, tinnitus in both ears (different pitches) stuffy nose and post nasal drip.

i have seen a private ENT consultant several times - hearing test normal, ears look normal and pressure test normal.

Has anyone here tried grommets to help even out the pressure? i would like to hear your experiences please.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, did you get the grommets in? Dealing with the same problems and had them in both ears 3 months ago. It's been hell ever since.

Take care,

Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.