ETD - How does recovery work?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I'd just like to hear from anyone who has recovered "naturally" from ETD.

I woke up almost 6 weeks ago to a "full" ear. No other symptoms, thank goodness. Sadly for the first week it made me extremely anxious. I saw the doc a couple of times and even saw a private ENT consultant. They all said the same thing - its a matter of time.

For the last two days I have felt better. Not so anxious, but I'm not 100% sure, but my ear doesnt seem "as full". Obviously I hope this is me starting to recover. Or it could be me just getting used to this horrible feeling!

I assume you don't just go from 100% fullness - clear, and that the recovery process is a gradual thing that maybe takes days, even weeks.

If you have read this far and have any info Id really appreciate it

Thank you T x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I am Vishal from India. On 17th March 2023, I visited the ENT for the first time after I felt blockage in my left ear for few days. I developed this after I blew my nose a bit too much when I had cold just few days ago. Dr. said that the mucous has entered middle ear via Eustachian tube and now, the tube isn't functioning properly. More than 1 month has passed. I will only be able to share what I am feeling as I am yet to get fully cured.

Few days, I feel good, almost no to v.less fullness but some days I again feel heavyness. When I use overhead headphones, I don't feel blockage. I am using nasal spray everyday and doing exercises as well. I have also get accustomed to this awkwardness. I am just grateful that my hearing capability is still intact. I am hopeful that it will go away in few months.

• Edited

Hi Vishal, thanks for your reply. I too am using a nasal spray twice a day. It always kind of feels worse in the mornings, which i put down to the fact of my head being flat while sleeping, sadly im unable to sleep with head upright.

Keep me posted on your situation.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.