ETD and Diuretics (water pills)

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello to all ETD sufferers.  I have an inner ear disease called Meniere's Disease that has as one of it's symptoms a fullness in the ear that might resemble ETD.  I've found that taking a diuretic (50-75mg) dailey has completely eliminated my ear fullness.  I'm wondering if any of you have tried using diuretics (water pills) as a possible remedy for ETD and what results have you seen.  If you have not tried it maybe discussing this with your ENT would be helpful to you.  I hope so!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi..

did u feel ringing sounds due to ETD aswell.

or cracking or popping sound when you gulp?

• Posted

Hi Tanney. Thanks for sharing this because i have this problem. Could you Please Let me know the name of the Diuretic you used and what mg was it ?

Thanks

• Posted

i got a prescription last year but i stopped taking it i thought i needed something better to heal my ear fullness (i got a few other issues too, IT F*****G SUCKS). please excuse my toxicity

i got hydrochlorothiazide pills.

its 12.5 mg

but i think thats the total amount in here

like all the tablets combined.

ill see if this works though i really hope it does

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.