An ad for "NerveRenew" on this forum? Really?

Posted , 2 users are following.

As if people don't go through enough with TN...dealing with pain, doing research, and sifting through ineffective nonsense treatments such as acupuncture and homeopathy. Add NerveRenew to the list of crap to avoid.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yup, I agree, it's utter tosh!

• Posted

NerveRenew, that is, you simply can't grow new nerves from pills whatever they contain!!! Much of modern medicine is derived from Homeopathy! As for Acupuncture, well the jury is still out on that one!

x

• Posted

As Eddie Izzard once said, "Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proven to work? Medicine."

Accupuncture has been scientifically debunked on numerous occasions.

• Posted

I did remember the quote but couldn't recall who said it, I had a feeling, though. that it was Dara O'Briain? And that the rest is Pot Pourri!!

I am sceptical about Acupuncture as the NHS does offer it for some conditions and their vetting protocols are stringent and I can't see them wasting money on ............................................................. 

What am I saying, of course they would waste money!!!!!! 

Personally I don't think it works but then I have never had it done, so maybe it has more to do with the Placebo effect?

• Posted

Was it really an Ad or just someone noting that it worked for them? If it really was an Ad, hope you clicked on the "report this" button. As you say, we can live without Ads in our posts.  I can't say I would use homeopathy myself but several people on this and other forums have had help from acupuncture apparently. I guess in that case (acupuncture) it depends a lot on the cause of your Tn. It's such a strange beast, so many things to consider. On another forum I am on, some people have tn from MS, some from tumour pressing on the nerve, some from unknown causes. My physio gives me neck treatment for the muscles in my neck which helps a bit. You're right about sifing through things to find what might help though. We are all looking for something to make things bearable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.