AN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION FOR EAR GLUE/OTITIS MEDIA

Posted , 4 users are following.

I´ve suffered this problem all my life. As all you know it´s horrible... I´ve tried everything: steroids, antihistaminics, antibiotics, acetyl-cysteine and a loooong etc. By sure, nothing worked. I don´t feel like perforating my tympanic membrane to insert drainage tubes…. so, this year I´ve search the internet for alternative solutions and found 3 devices which open the Eustachian tubes. I´m amazed that no doctor told me about them… Or they don´t know about them or they know them but prefer to enrich the pharmaceutical companies and don´t give a sh*t about us. I don´t know what´s worst………….

Hear are the web addresses:

The EARDOC, costs 35 euros, produces subsonic vibrations which opens the Eustachian tube and enables trapped air and fluids from the middle ear to drain into the mouth.

http://www.eardoc.info/buy-now/

The OTOVENT, costs 11 euros, when you inflates the balloon with the nose the pressure should open the Eustachian tube

http://www.pointpharmacy.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=6965&cat=0&page=

The EARPOPPER, costs around 150 euros, it creates a flux of air through the nose and when you shallow it should open the Eustachian tube

http://www.earpopper.com/earpopper/index.htm

I´ve bought the eardoc and otovent but only tried the first one. I think it works for me and I think it´s worth trying for all of you who are suffering so much…

Wish you the best luck

Regards from Spain!

smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there - My little boy (20 months) has just been discharged and his ears are now clear after 14 months of glue ear - what finally worked for us was talking him off all dairy and giving him echinachea tea in his bottle - his nose instantly stopped running and his wet chest cleared up too - he is now back on some dairy but it definately seems to inflame the condition.

Good luck and hope those things work.

xx

• Posted

Hi

My son (24 months) has similar condition as your 20 month old. He had severe glue ear for last more than 15 months. His ears used to discharge liquid for around 4-5 months but NHS doctors kept on prescribing non-effective weak medicines which never helped. We finally consulted our family doctor in India who helped by prescribing a vaccination, which we got done privately.

Though the liquid discharge has stopped now, but his glue ear seems to be still there as confirmed by audiologists because he doesn't respond to normal sounds (quite loud for us) in the lab. And ENT surgeons keep seeing him every 3-4 months with same assessment: "he looks ok", when he is clearly not. e

• Posted

Hi

My son (24 months) has similar condition as your 20 month old. He had severe glue ear for last more than 15 months. He also has congestion in his chest and nose. His ears used to discharge liquid for around 4-5 months (sometimes blood as well) but NHS doctors kept on prescribing non-effective weak medicines which never helped. We also got Grommets inserted but they didn't help either as liquid discharge started again after 7 days. We finally consulted our family Paediatrician in India who helped by prescribing a vaccination which we got done privately.

Though the liquid discharge has stopped now, but his glue ear seems to be still there as confirmed by audiologists because he doesn't respond to normal sounds (quite loud for us) in the lab. And ENT doctors keep seeing him every 3-4 months with same assessment: "he looks ok", when he is clearly not. His speech is not improving, neither is his hearing. His congestion seems to be the cause of it all, but doctors have no answer but to wait.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ravish

• Posted

I am able to cope quite well with my Otitis Externa without the issues spreading deeper than the ear channel. Poor you!

Now when someone offers me their iPod headphone saying "listen to this", I have to refuse and I seem rude, but I really wish I knew earlier.

Over time I figured that the ear and ear channel skin needs moisturising as well. Dry wiping the ear wax is the worst thing one can do with this condition. As I tried different things I think Nivea cream and to lesser extent olive oil (mine has added vitamin E) help to clean the ear when necessary while leaving it moisturised.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.