An expired implant that hasn’t been removed, can I get pregnant?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Iv the the Nexplanon implant in my arm and it expired 2017, the earliest date I could get it to have it removed is 16th March 2018 (next week). I have had pretty regular periods since sept and up until recently have been using condoms as I wanted to give my body a break. In the mean time myself and my partner decided to try for a baby, my period is now almost a week late, iv been feeling very nauseous my sense of smell is extremely heightened, iv been having really weird dreams, feeling dizzy and I’m constantly tried. Last week I had a slight brown discharge but not enough to even use a pad and it lasted a day and never came back. I’ve taken 2 hpt and both have came back negative could I Be pregnant or is it my body making me feel this way because I want to be so bad 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Lauren,

When I had the implant in, it was due to be removed August 2016 and I didn’t get it removed until September 2017. When I went to the Sexual Health Clinic the nurse told me that the implant would not be effective after the 3 years its been in, and advised me to take other contraception as the risk of pregnancy increases massively.

Hope this helps!

Chloe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.