An loosing spondylitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

my son has as he is 17 he has suddenly lost a lot of weight and has a very bad stomach all the time has anybody else suffered with these symptoms especially the weight loss witch is quite a worry 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon, not in my case. What medications is he taking? Is he on biological medication? Some medications (not just biological) may have side effects that you describe. Weight loss and bad stomach defenitely may go together. The question is what causes it... Please consult your dr asap. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi AMA my son was on butane patches 20 mg but was constantly constipated and couldn't wee when on them but the weight loss began before the patches started he's soon to start TNF medication but can't until he's had emergency MRI to rule out why the sudden weight loss is it inflammatory bowel fingers crossed well get an answer soon 
  • Posted

Hey,

I'm 21 and I was over 15 stone. In 3 months I lost over two stone. It just dropped off. This was when the pain was really bad in my back. I was eating the same if not more as I usually would but it still just dropped and I'm still loosing it.

• Posted

Thanks Robyn for your reply I was thinking the worst when my son lost all his weight but you have reassured me I feel so much better now my son needs an emergency MRI scan to rule anything out with the weight loss maybe inflammatory bowel who knows fingers crossed I'll replied when I get the results 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.