An odd mark raised mark has appeared on my partners back, does it look ok?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Just a quick question, and hoping I may be being a stress head.

an odd mark has appeared on my partners back, when it first appeared it was jet black, almost like a massive blackhead. I kept my eye on it, now it feels almost scab like, I have attached a photo... No spots where there and it's not in an area he can reach to scratch, does it look ok you think?

if anyone has a second opinion, thank you very much.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would get this checked . Moles grow with you all through your life and can develop, change, grow, bleed etc. Get him to the docs to checking out. They might simply freeze it off. 

I had a wee red spot that appeared a couple of weeks ago on my back. I had a check up at dermatology and the consulting froze it off there and then. No pain and it's away within  a few days. 

• Posted

Thank you very much for your help, hoping to get him booked in tomorrow, hopefully it's just a new mole smile
  • Posted

I would also get this checked out by a professional as soon as possible.  It may be nothing to worry about but one never knows especially if it has grown back or grown in size.  I also noticed that it is a little red around the mole itself.  There may be an infection there, so best thing is to go get it checked.
    • Posted

Hi, yes it just appeared out of no where, thAnk you for your help, hoping to get him in tomorrow : )
  • Posted

Hi Alice, that mark may well be nothing to worry about. But (and I think you know this) only a doctor's examination can identify what the mark is.

If it is anything sinister, and it probably isn't, at least you've caught it early and it can be treated.

Suggest to your partner he makes an appointment with his GP, and gets the mark checked out.

All the best.

• Posted

Hi Shevlen, thanks for taking your time to comment, it's all your comments that's made him try to get in at the docs tomorrow.. : ).. Hopefully it's just a new mole, thanks again 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.