An odd prostatitis with blood in the urine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys!

I started having hematuria August 29th last year 2015.

It was painless no fever no infection neither bacteria found.

All the tests were negative.

CT scan was negative.

My prostate is healthy no tender and it does not hurt when I had prostate exam.

I did a Cytoscopy, it was a friable prostate and the bladder neck, it was the source of the bleeding.

My urologist put me on Cipro for 6 weeks.

First week was ok, no pain no discomfort no nothing.

Just little tingling in my penis that comes and goes.

After a week of treatment I had sex two times, the day after I was having blood in my urine for three weeks day and night 7 days a week 24 hours. That was BAD.

Sometimes I had an extreme pain in my lower left Bally and my left testiculs but as soon as I urinate those crazy big clots the pain goes away immediately.

So the 4th week of cipro everything cleaned up.

After that I was starting feeling discomfort and soreness. It comes and goes nothing very bad. But very annoying.

After 6 mounths the hematuria came back again.

I took bactrim but still having some clots... Little ones sometimes.

I'm gonna do Cytoscopy on the 23rd.

My doctor does not know what's going on.

Do you guys have experienced that?

Any thoughts?

I would appreciate that.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Clots or just red urine? Did the doctor do a blood cytology test? Did he do imaging to look for stones. Both are fairly standard with hematuria and a negative cystoscophy. Could just be prostatitis but other things have to be ruled out. Be careful with long term Cipro even though some docs prescribe it like candy.  It's a fluoroquinolone and can cause among other things damage to your achilles tendon. Bactrim is a better choice. Did they do a culture? Was it negative.

Jim

Jim

• Posted

I Did urine bacteria tests no bacteria growth.

Did ultra sound negative

Urine test negative

Blood test negative

CT scan negative

Ultra sound negative

No cancer no bacteria no infection. NO nothing

Rectum exam my prostate is awesome and healthy

• Posted

Cystology negative? Do you cycle? Other sports that might cause vibration?
    • Posted

When I did Cytoscopy the prostate at the bladder neck was friable like irritated.

All the tests negative.

I used to spin a lot running that's all.

I had lotta stress at that time and I have anxieties.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.