ana test

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can you on and off have positive Ana and then no Ana because my varies all the time and now its slightly positive with speckled pattern

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Mine is always speckled but have no idea what that even means. I have lupus and sjogrens
  • Posted

Yes, I had a positive ANA then 2 months later repeated and was negative. I later found out that mine was caused by CIRS though.
  • Posted

Hi,

Yes the ANA levels can vary. They often increase in the run up to a flare, remain elevated and then decrease back to normal or 'disappear' for a while.

The type of pattern, i.e homogenous/speckled/nucleolar etc pertains to the specific (or most likely) autoimmune disease you may have. There is a brilliant website which explains things in simple ways, you can search for different tests and all the relevant information will be there, it's called: labtestsonline. The US version is much better.

Happy reading and best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.