Skip to content
Ad

Lupus

Also known as SLE - Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Various symptoms for 3 years - Anyone find these familair?

So the last 3 years have been frustrating for me.. I've got symptoms and no medical professional believes me or is willing to help so I'm coming on here to see if anyone is familiar with any of this.. I've posted this in a few different sections after doing a symptom check Symptoms from...

Posted
  • Rashes

My daughter 17 year old daughter was diagnosed with raynauds 2 years ago and recently she has developed rashes on her arms, hands, cheeks and eyelids that are red appear raised and scaly. I am worried as the doctors just seem to ignore it for hayfever but they are really weirds rashes only occuring when...

Last reply
  • High CRP marker

Hi I've been feeling poorly for quite a while. Went to Drs and he said I had an ear infection. Took antibiotics then still felt ill. I've had a pressure feeling in my head just around my right ear. I've had a few falls where for no apparent reason I've just fallen backwards (it's...

Last reply
  • Lupus???

Sorry long post here. Need some help. Going back about 4 years ago in summer I had lymph node enlarge behind right ear out of the blue. I was tested for lots of things all negative. A month later my left foot swelled really really bad. I had numerous ultrasounds. Cat scans and blood tests. All negative...

Last reply
  • Drug hypersensitivity and lupus

It seems that I have always had some sort of hypersensitivity to most prescription drugs, but now that I have Lupus it seems that it has exacerbated the problem and now I am overly sensitive to literally everything. Any one else dealing with this?

Last reply
  • Advice needed- could I have lupus? Worth paying to get tested?

Hello, I have had health problems for 3 years now. It all started with fatigue and a rash on my face- the rash was extremely painful and persisted for 6 months until I went gluten free and it disappeared. I still get regular rashes on my face, neck and upper chest. The rashes I get now are different-...

Last reply
  • Referral to rheumatologist, positive ANA what will happen next?

Hi all New to this forum so any replies would be appreciated. I'll give a brief history of symptoms. 4 years ago Raynauds started, 3 years ago reaction to sunlight itchy red swollen rash on hands and top of feet ( arms legs, any where exposed to sunlight, never on my face). September 2016 pain...

Last reply
  • Can a positive ANA only mean lupus?

I've had a lot going on... Had a positive ANA Have constant low energy, joint swelling in hands, feet & knees, muscle pains, gastrointestinal & intermittent ovary pains, Intermittent breathing and rib pain, shoulder and shoulder blade pains. Fingers go white at times. Body feels like its...

Last reply
  • Lupus advice, please

Hello, After a meningitis scare and hospital admission; I'm now being testing for lupus and other things. Basically, I was sent to the hospital because I had some Petechiae rash and a low grade fever (although I think my stressed may have caused the fever) I suffer from severe OCD and anxiety...

Last reply
  • See my previous post

Sorry 2 long first post. To continue, if plaqunel lowered my titre to 1:80 homogeneous from 1:320 does that mean meds working and it is lupus not uctd?

Posted
  • Malar rash or rosacea? Other symptoms sound like lupus?

Hi all, Would appreciate your opinions since I know you're all going through it right now. I started feeling unwell about 4 years ago.  I'm 39 now. Started with bouts of extreme fatigue, extremely dry mouth, and gastrointestinal problems. Also, I developed inflammation of the costal...

Last reply
  • Possible lupus?

Around 10 months ago I went on a camping trip and the following day I felt 'dizzy' or 'semi drunk' this has pretty much been constant ever since. The doctors diagnosed labyrinthitus but after four month I was exactly the same. I had ear tests with an ENT and results were normal. I have...

Last reply
  • Drug Induced Lupus Anyone?

Hi All, I just had a severe shingles outbreak and was on Valtrex antiviral plus some PPI for acid reflux. I am now showing sign of possible Lupus. ANA positive and the double strand DNA test positive. Does anyone know if this could be drug induced lupus or I am in for a long ride with Systemic Lupus....

Last reply
  • Possible to have lupus with negative blood work ?

I've felt pretty rubbish for a nearly a year some days better than others I've been to the doctors several time and been told I have anxiety or ibs the syptoms I have are Hair loss Pain in ribs and mid/upper back Pain stiffness in muscles and in knees and elbows Peteachie which I've had...

Last reply
  • Itchy rash

I've finally been diagnosed with lupus after 9 year of an itchy rash. It started out on my hands and has recently over to my legs. It looks disgusting! I'm now on plaquenel...200mg twice a day and I also use clobetasol twice a day. I'm still super itchy and I feel the rash gets worse each...

Last reply
  • A Little Confused

I just wondered if I could pick your knowledgeable brains!!! Back in 1989, when I was 22, I was diagnosed with SLE, the symptoms I was showing were just really painful joints in the elbows and knees, I could barely walk upstairs sometimes.  I had all the tests and it was decided I had Lupus....

Last reply
  • Do I Have Lupus?

I have Inflammatory Bowel disease, more specifically Ulcerative colitiis. However, for the longest time I have had inflammation in other area's of my body and my doctor said that my symptoms don't make sense for UC. I either have Crohn's disease or Lupus. I had Vasculitis, some years ago...

Last reply
  • seronegative lupus?

hey im just wondering dose anyone in this group have seronegative lupus? if so how did you go about getting dignosed? I have been told by a cosnlant that I have the symptoms to match up a digonese but they wont dignose me as it wont show up in my blood. 

Last reply
  • Antibiotics alter blood test?

Hi. Does anyone know if Doxycycline can affect ANA blood tests? I was wondering because I had been on them for 3 weeks when I had my blood test. Many thanks Jade

Posted
  • Alternative.

Hi,iv had Systemic lupus now for the past 6 years,recently had a flare of very painful joints swelling feeling sick most of the day,iv been told I'm gluten sensitive, so for 6 days iv been gluten free,well I feel so much better,yes could be coincidence but I don't think so,it's worth a try...

Last reply
  • Crohns, epilepsy, antiphilsphoid syndrome and psoriasis

Hi,  I got diagnosed with epilepsy three and a half years ago, crohns two years ago, antiphilspoid syndrome a year ago and psoriasis came back all over body whereas it just used to be my head now its arms, legs, body. I am 47 and in constant pain and recently have had a constant cough. I was told...

Last reply
  • do I have lupus

My blood test came back 320, my Dr. said she will rerun it in may. It may be a false positive. Does 320 mean I have it? thx

Last reply
  • Please help, does this sound like Lupus?

A quick background. My grandmother and my aunt both had Lupus. Both have passed 75 and 66 respectively ), but neither from lupus. Since the age of 14 I've had occurrences of stiff joints where I couldn't raise my arms above my head then 10 years later started getting brutal bouts of swollen...

Last reply
  • ANA and Anti DNA HEp2

Hi I've had an ANA and Anti DNA blood test (in the UK) and wondered how long it usually takes to get them back? Many thanks Jade

Last reply
  • Possible toddler lupus

My daughter is 23 months old. She has been getting near monthly fevers (without any known reason), lethargy, and irritability since 6 months old. She also has a rash, typically on her tops of her hands and tops of her feet as well as in a patch one hip/buttock area- always that one same spot. The rash,...

Last reply
  • Blood Tests for Lupus

Hi all Can any of these be negative if someone has Lupus? Anti-smooth Muscle, Anti Liver Kidney Microsomal, Mitochondrial anti-body and Parietal Cell Autoantibody. I have many symptoms of Lupus including the butterfly rash (I have had for a month so far). Above are the things I've been tested...

Posted
  • Does this sound like Lupus?

Hi All! I have been sick for seven months now. I've seen a primary doctor, two endocrinologists, and a cardiologist so far. I'm having a very hard time getting my primary to take me seriously, and a cardiologist I saw yesterday told me that after spending 15 minutes with me, he could tell that...

Last reply
  • Overheating

There is a strong possibility I have Lupus and saw the Rheumatologist recently so I'm awaiting some blood test results and results of some X-rays. Recently I've been excessively overheating. It's as if there is a furnace inside of my body and I am burning on the outside. I feel the excessive...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.