doctors saying its anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive been having really stressful symptoms that i cant figure out. I have pain in my hands, finger, wrists, arms, shoulders, legs, feet , ankles and toes. I also have muscle pain in different areas. my legs are sometimes sore and feel like theyre burning during the night. This morning i woke up feeling sore in my arms and legs. Elbow also hurts and i get a weak feeling in the knees as i walk. My right thigh also hurts while walking. all of this developed over the last few months with the hand feet leg and arm pain becomming more frequent last couple weeks. I also have dry eye syndrome which ive had for last couple years. I read that dry eyes can be associated with lupus. Everything else happened after giving birth in march. ive had a lot of blood tests that hasnt suggested anythung to the doctors. ive also had 2 ct scans of abdomen/pelvis , chest x ray, spine x ray. The blood work included thyroid hormone, esr, crp which were normal so im really confused.

does this sound like it could be lupus at all?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

ive also noticed more visible veins in the areas i feel pain

• Posted

I don't think that you are suffering from stress. That is just a dismissive thing that doctors always say when they don't know what's wrong with you. You say you have dry eye syndrome? I am wondering if you have been tested for Sjogren's syndrome? How was the dry eye syndrome diagnosed? Sjogren's is very similar to Lupus, lots of crossover symptoms. But the dry eyes suggests Sjogren's. They are both hard to detect in blood tests and often blood work is unremarkable. Have you been seen by a rheumatologist at all?

• Posted

I actually considered sjorgens but wasnt sure because i dont have thr tounge symptom. I had my eyes checked in an eye clinic finally after almost 2 years of dry eyes. I was told i have classic dry eyes but not dry enough for sjorgens. But sometimes my eyes sting really bad

and are really red and i have to close them shut to get relief. I havent seen a rheumatologist yet. I spoke with a doctor this morning about my symptoms and she ordered lab work to check muscle wasting and some vitamin levels. Is muscle wasting associated with these conditions?

• Posted

Yes Anna all kinds of problems. You don't always have dry eyes as part of Sjogren's.

Problem is there is just so much overlap in symptoms it is often difficult to tease out what is going on. I have some Lupus symptoms like butterfly rash ...I also have dry eyes. But I have Behcet's. So similar lots of these conditions. I also get joint and muscle pain amongst other symptoms.

Don't give up though. You know within yourself that stress/anxiety is not causing all these issues. Took me til almost 40 to be diagnosed.

• Posted

Ive found that i have to do a lot of pushing and ask questions constantly to get these done. I have severe hypochondria and assume everything is malignant. So all of these symptoms are causing more stress and it probaby is making it worse but i feel like its not just stress. My arms and legs are even sore when walking

• Edited

Well you should try not to stress about it. Even if it was something auto immune ....that is very treatable. I am currently in remission after good treatment.

• Posted

yeah thats true. I also have arm muscles that feel like jelly and when i flex my hands , i can see them move. It doesnt look natural.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.