Skin rash & lupus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do all people diagnosed with lupus have the skin rash or are some that don't get the rash ???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

With Discoid Lupus there is always a rash but it differs from the Malar rash. Discoid rash is a bit like a 'C' with curls inwards at the ends, it's also very red and occurs anywhere over the upper torso/chest, the scalp and upper arm, and a few have it on other parts of the body. The Malar rash is only found on the face, usually over the cheeks with a gap on the bridge of the nose. There is a big proportion of SLE sufferers without the Malar rash (I've seen figures ranging from 40-60%).

There are some good images of the types of Lupus rash on various websites, just Google Lupus rash.

Happy hunting ??

• Posted

ya some dont have rashes like my mother she diagnosed with ANA POSITIVE and she have RA

• Posted

skin rash is one of the common symptoms of lupus, but not all of lupus patients have skin rash. As lupus symptoms can vary form each person, many people have it and some don't have. For me, skin rash is my lupus symptom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.