Autoimmune bloodwork question

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got blood work done by rheumatologist as i have all the symptoms of lupus. Negative ana and negative anti bodies. But i have a low C3 and Almost below average C4. Also blood in urine. I have had blood in urine for a while. I see a urologist. Kidneys and everything was looked at. All normal. But i still have blood in urine. Doctor blew off the low C3 and blood in urine. I get sick all the time. I also take no medication other than multi vitamins and 1 keflex after sex to prevent uti's (which i startes that after i already had blood in my urine)

My question is should i seek out another rheumatologist for a second opinion?

I am concerend about the low C3 abd boarder C4 and blood in my urine all the time.

All other lab work was somewhat normal. Boarder high of MCHC

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

When I first tested for lupus, my ANA was weakly positive with low c3, c4. My rheumy said low c3 c4 is meaningless unless I have positive ANA. I trusted her but still had so many symptoms that didn't go away. Later different rheumy diagnosed me with Lupus based on the 11 criteria. C3, c4 are not on the diagnostic criteria but it can guide rheumatologist with treatment. I'm more concerned about blood in the urine... find a different rheumatologist!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.