anaeima

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am on 3 a day ferrous sulphate 200mg Iron tabs but they have made me gain weight and i fart alot and my stools have turned black like dark green i have heavy menstal periods and the doctor is still running tests on my blood i am tired all the time but have never been offered vitamin b12 by my gp but i have gone to the shop and got myself some and am now using it along sid my iron supliments and don't feel any better so i think my new blood test results will show that i am pernicions anaemia too and i am age 39 female and the doctor wants to give me a historectomy to stop my bleeding that he thinks is the cause and i am not ready for that i think i may want a child later on as i only got one at the moment and i dont know what to do but to just wait on my new blood test results but what i would like to know is this, will i ever make a full recovery? as my iron stores are 2.4 my GP says they are way to low for a female :roll:

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi i was taking ferrous sulfate for almost three years,to try and bring my iron stores up( ferretin) mine was 12 not as low as yours ,mine was from heavey periods( fibroid ) doc said i could stay on iron until menopoures as fibroid would shrink after meno (cant spell) my ferretin would yoyo,i would start feeling better until i had my preiod then feel ill again,it was a living hell,i had fibroid embolisation last year but it failed,so had hysterectomy 6 weeks ago,i am still in early stages post opp so dont know if i did right thing yet,as iron has dropped through the opp so back on iron tabs, i am 49 so finished having babys my b12 was boarder line low 227 range 180 800 i had a lot of symptoms but gp said level was good all the best shirley
  • Posted

im all well again and doc says i dont need any more iron tabs and i think its up to the daily rashion of lambs liver lemon and grape fruit mix i made my self and used it to down my iron pills high in vitaim c along side spinach every day :D
  • Posted

am surprised that my blood test shows i am nolonger a suffer of aniemia

i did it with the iron tabs and grape fruite and lemon juice along with lambs liver and spinach every day for breakfast, no tea or coca cola because of the cafeen that stops the iron tabs working and not to eat eggs or browm bread with seed wile taking tabs at the same time i did mix my iron tabs with a one a day vitamin b 12 supliment and now i am cured try it it worked for me and i ate peanut butter on brown bread at the end of the day

• Posted

Well, I have been suffering with extreme exhaustion for over a year now. Initially the doc diagnosed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Then Depression. I am on anti-d's but still exhausted.

Went to see a dietician (to lose weight) and he reviewed my diet and said I was low on iron! As I am vegetarian it is quite difficult to increase this so I now take an iron tab every day plus some berocca to boost my Vit B12 and Vit C levels.

But still shattered.

I am getting quite sick of all of this as I never have the energy for anything. I have a hectic job that requires me to jet off all over the world so that doesn't help but the tiredness is starting to affect me at work and as for a social life - forget it!

I am due back to the dietician in a month or so where we will examine my diet in more detail. I will ask him to concentrate on boosting my iron levels - after all he is the expert!

I have also noticed that my periods are getting a lot heavier. Used to be so light I'd hardly notice now often quite nasty. Not menopausal as I have had my LH levels checked.

No wonder i am depressed. I feel like crap!

lelly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.