Anaemia is making me awful

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi it’s me again, I just wanted to know has anyone have or had these specific symptoms with Anamia because it’s really has me scared that I might have a heart attack but my ecg is normal (scared of heart failure too) but this was like last week so I’m scared that a week later I can still have one. My left arm sometimes tingles, pains or just has some undescribeable feelings. I also witness pains in my shoulder and my cheeks has recently been feeling funny. I can’t keep still because I fear the worst and I just really wanna be certain that I’m not the only one who has these symptos. I’m only 16 so this is all overwhelming to me tbh. My iron infusion is tmr if I’m still here😅

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Talia, I am not a Dr. and can't give you medical advice. Anemia does strange things to your body. I have had many strange symptoms. Contact your Dr. again. Have you ever had anxiety? May be a possibility. Exercise, eat well and get plenty of sleep.

• Posted

I’d highly recommend you look into FB group called Magnesium Advocacy group. 

Watch the pinned video and gather your own thoughts but I wouldn’t do a transfusion. You’ll understand why after you watch video. 

• Posted

Dear Taliyah;

Sorry you are feeling awful. I have also suffered from IDA and knows the feeling. iIhad tingling sensations and cramps but mostly on my fingers and feet. I would advise you to keep going to your doctor with your concerns so that examinations and tests can be done. Also you can try eating a lot of iron rich foods  to help you with your recovery. Look at ways and things you can do in your lifestyle to elevate your mood and reduce the worry you are having. There is also an informative and educative book on IDA i would recommend you read. it can shed some light on some of your symptoms and it has plenty of tips for well being. Overcoming Anaemia: My Experience its on amazon.

I wish you well

Lady C

• Posted

HI there I think your deficiencies are throwing you into very severe anxiety and I understand your fear. When I was anemic with a very low B12 the symptoms were vast....chest pain, difficulty breathing, difficulty standing, rapid heart beat, difficulty concentrating, no sleep, no appetite, rapid severe weight loss, light headed at all times and much more. It is very freightening no doubt but I promise you....you are not going to have a heart failure. Your symptoms are the result of your red blood cells not functioning properly. You aren't experiencing the other symptoms associated with heart attack so you have nothing to fear. Better days are soon ahead...I promise.

• Posted

Hi, I suffer daily with lightheadedness and headaches because of iron deficiency. I was wondering how long did it take for your lightheadedness to go away once starting iron supplements

• Posted

Hello, I feel the same way I understand what your going through I have lightheadedness all the time with headaches. It also creates a lot of anxiety. I been dealing with this for 2 months now and I just want to get better. Are you feeling any better yet? 
  • Posted

I don't know why that person is recommending against an infusion (if that is what he means by transfusion) but I had a couple infusions last year and once they kicked in it helped me immensely. It will take a. couple weeks to kick in but they are worth it, pills don't do much IMO. I know how you feel, anaemia does very scary and unexplainable things to your body. I promise your not dying. I keep a blood pressure monitor on hand and take my blood pressure so I can tell myself my heart is functioning properly. God bless you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.