Anal abcess following surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had  surgery for an anal abcess over a year ago and I am worried that it still hasn't healed as I now seem to have a hole that wind passess through.  This is very painful and I don't know what to do to resolve the problem.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Peter try applying some turmeric paste mixed with water to the area as it worked for me
    • Posted

Do not apply "turmeric paste mixed with water" rolleyes cheesygrin What you have developed is a Fistula in ano and the things are terrible, see this leaflet :

patient.info/doctor/anorectal-abscess

You need to see a Doctor, you are likely to require surgery neutral

• Posted

Hi Benny, I have already had surgery about a year ago, which was between my anus and scrotum, I am now left with this problem that I can feel wind passing through it so am worried what to do about it.  I'm not in alot of pain with it just feels uncomfortable when I pass wind through it.Any suggestions?
    • Posted

I used it on myself. However I didn't have what u are experiencing. U can get the turmeric powder from adds, tesco etc. and just mix the powder with some water to make a thick paste and apply to the area. It does sting for a few mintuites but it's a natural anti biotic and works well if used everyday
    • Posted

As I said, you need to see a Doctor with a view towards more surgery to cut out the Fistular and close it up, there is no quick fix neutral Which country are you in (so we can work out drug availability) question smile

My first low technology suggestion is to wash and if possible irrigate the Fistula with a salt water solution,,, man you need at least a Nurse exclaim

Pain relief, 2 x Paracetamol 500 mg and 2 x Ibuprofen 200 mg every 4 - 6 hours (preferably after food),, no more than 8 of each a day smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.