Anal Abscess?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that I have a small, about pea-sized (maybe smaller), lump on the inside of my anus. The exact location is just on the inside of my anus and on the side closest to my stomach (on the side facing towards the outside of my body/towards the perianal area).

The lump was slightly sore and I get slight pain from straining. I have noticed any bleeding yet.

I'm slightly worried about whether it is an abcess or cancer (although apparently very unlikely). I will go and get it checked out but does anyone know what it most likely is?

Thanks guys

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think it's my sphincter that the lump is located on.

• Posted

Hi, Yes you need to get it checked out, but it's more likely to be an internal haemorrhoid or pile, it will feel sore, and may be swollen, and that's why you noticed it.

Try not to worry too much.

• Posted

I have something similar and I think it is a prolapsed hemerroid. It maybe be that or just a tag. Can you go see a colorectal doc?
  • Posted

Thanks Laura and Jennifer - much appreciated for your advice and input.

Laura: Do internal haemorrhoids, or piles, have specific characteristics? Or can they really vary in terms of their shape, location and how they feel? (I'm already worrying too much and my usual reaction is one of instinctual hypochrondriac melodrama!) 

Jennifer: Would a tag feel sore? I have to say it doesn't feel very sore and isn't causing any noticeable discomfort at the moment (Is this a concern?!). Unsure if I'll get referred to a colorectal doctor but we'll see what the GP says in the next week.

If it is a haemorrhoid/pile - how long would you expect it to remain? If I apply ointment do you know how quickly they heal?

Apologies for all the questions. Thanks for your help!

• Posted

How long is a piece of string?

Piles can be inside or outside the anus, can be flat, like skin tags, can be very swollen if straining to go to the loo.

Can bleed or not bleed, basically they are varicose veins.

They can be extremely painful, so best not to get constipated.

But if you are concerned, get your go to have a quick look, they wil know if that's what it is or not, but it's more likely to be a pile than anything more serious.

• Posted

Sounds to me like a hemorrhoid. Keep the diet light and BMs as easy as possible. The less you strain the quicker it leaves if that's what it is. A hemorrhoid will typically feel tight and swollen. I've had them be twice as big as a pea and smaller. When they are getting better it seems like some of the pressure leaves it. But in the beginning they're always tight feeling. Witch Hazel is good for them IF that's what it is

• Posted

Hi I got the same problem. Hammoroids skin tag etc. I got 4 procedures done uphill now. The last one done 5 days ago. Botox plus skin tag removed. Still in a bit of pain. Hopefully will get better this time. If not I won't do any more procedure just will live with this. Best thing is to concentrate on your diet keep your bw as soft as you can.

Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.