Anal advancement flap surgery?

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have had a chronic anal fissure for over a year now. i have tried all the creams and nothing has worked thus far. my body has now become immune to laxatives so every bowel movement is horrendously painful. my consultant will not give me botox injections or the lateral sphincterotomy as i have not had children yet. i have been reading up on anal advancement flap surgery but im unsure if they will offer it to me as they only specify its for people who have already had children or muscle problems. im a 25 year old girl so am finding this all horrendous both physically and mentally. has anyone had this surgery??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.