Anal bleeding

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone here experience anal bleeding which last longer than 3 weeks? M really scared if it is sth serious.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi are you experiencing any pain with the bleeding? Many of us on here, myself including have had fissures lasting months to years and have had bleeding lasting this long. So if you believe your bleeding is related to your fissure then yes it can last longer than 3 weeks but fissures aren’t a serious issue. Fissure blood should be bright red. If the blood is dark in colour this can indicate it is coming from deeper within the colon and could be indicative of a more serious issue. Either way see a doctor if you haven’t already, and if you believe you have a fissure, ensure you are eating a high fibre diet, drinking plenty of water and eating plenty fruit and veg, this will help to ensure BMs are soft and allow the fissure to heal. 
    • Posted

Yeah,i do have pain during and especially after bowel movement. But what worry me the most now is the pain is decreasing yet there is still bright red bleeding.. Like a few drops in toilet and when i wipe. By the way,how is ur fissure now?
    • Posted

Even if the pain is decreasing, as long as there is still pain it will be the fissure causing the bleeding. I had problems for 8 years with mine but over the last month it has got a lot better and I haven’t had any pain or bleeding. 
    • Posted

Over the 8 years,u have bleed every bowel movement? By the way,today i notice the blood mixed with stool n its color isnt bright red anymore. It is kinda dark red. What is the color of ur bleeding and how much u bleed everytime?
  • Posted

I did. It was bright red. Went on for months. Other symptoms?
    • Posted

I do have pain during and after passing stools. And yes,it is bright red in color. Is ur fissure still bleeding ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.