Anal bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

when I have a bowel movement there has been bright red blood on and off for a couple years. sometimes just a lil and sometimes more. doesn't usually cause pain? maybe used to I think... should I be really concerned? I hate going to the doctors and im an extremely private person 😦

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Any rectal bleeding should be checked. it could be something as minor as hemroids or a fissure. but definetly get it checked

• Posted

As Shelly mentioned it could well just be something minor such as a reoccurring fissure or haemorrhoid, however you must get these things checked.

If you are worried you can always specifically ask the surgery for a male or female doctor if that makes you feel any better (I do this myself).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.