Anal bleeding/ Haemorrhoids?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had severe constipation last week after straining for ever and passing stools the toilet was bright red with lots of blood - since then every time I strain theres bright red blood - sometimes if i dont strain and stool is soft theres no blood but  just now i strained no stool but water was red again - im scared stiff this could be cancer - i lost my husband to cancer and cant face thinking of my kids loosing me too - any advise -

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You must visit your GP right away ! You may be worrying unneccessarily and just making matters worse! May just be haemorrhoids ! Can be lots of reasons! Let us know how you get on! Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Tracey You don't mention speaking with your GP. That's the first thing you need to do to help put your mind at rest. You also do not mention any history of other gastronomical issues. In that case I would say that your symptoms are almost certainly haemorrhoids-based. Your priority is to see your GP but in the meantime to ensure your BMs are soft by careful choice of diet and adding supplements like Fibogel or similar. The straining is causing the bleeding and you need to eradicate the need to strain. I wish you well - Pete

• Posted

Hi Tracey You don't mention speaking with your GP. That's the first thing you need to do to help put your mind at rest. You also do not mention any history of other gastronomical issues. In that case I would say that your symptoms are almost certainly haemorrhoids-based. Your priority is to see your GP but in the meantime to ensure your BMs are soft by careful choice of diet and adding supplements like Fibogel or similar. The straining is causing the bleeding and you need to eradicate the need to strain. I wish you well - Pete

• Posted

Thanks Pete - i havent spoken to myGp yet. I’m 49 and no history of any Gastro probs - i do have piles but never bothered me with pain or itching - I was severly constipated at the time but there was a lot of blood - sometimes there isno blood and other times some if stools are hard —everything Ive read points to prob piles - but after losing

My husband to colerectal cancer I guess Im over anxious - thankfully I work at a GP practice so will make an appointment on Monday x

• Posted

yes that's a good plan. I've had piles for years and if I can keep BMs soft then I go months/years without any pain or bleeding. The other thing is that a tiny bit of blood looks a lot in the toilet pan and freaks many people out.

I'm sure you'll get some reassurance on Monday

regards

Pete

sorry about triple entry - have no idea what went on there surprised

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.