Anal burning/pressure, please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys, so I have had anal/rectal pressure for the last month or so, along with perianal itching. Ive been to 3 gastros, had a colonoscopy (all fine) , 2 anoscopys and 1 high resolution anoscopy. Ive been using corticosteroids for the itch, which has helped, but the pressure remains. My anus is red, which is probably relatively normal, but the pressure feeling remains despite doctors all telling me its nothing. To try and rid myself of this pressure, i put hydrocortisone 2.5 on and inside my anus to see if reducing the swelling from internal hemorrhoids were the culprit, that just resulted in an extreme burning sensation for at least 20 minutes. What is going on? Should i just eat more fiber and leave them alone? Could it be a skin cancer or something not visible through anoscopy or colonoscopy? My urologist said my PSA prostate levels are fine, so I can probably rule out prostate trouble. Maybe its just pelvic floor pain from all the stress? Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My colon & rectal surgeon said that a pressure sensation is a sign that it relates to your muscle (spasm/tightness) rather than dermatological. Which would include things like Proctalgia Fugax and Unspecified Anorectal Pain. Physical therapy is one option for those issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.