Anal Fissure

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been in excruciating pain since October last year. The pain has been unbearable, also suffering from piles! Well on Wednesday this week I had Botox injections for my fissure, and happy to let you know that so far, no pain! What a life changing outcome! Any help or chats welcome x

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Great news , hope that's the cure for you , just to say if it doesn't work as mine didn't go for the sphinctorectomy it's honestly no worse than the Botox & I only wish I had gone gown that road first !

I had no pain on either ops which really surprised me & fully recovered from a chronic fissure now for 12 months ! Good luck 👍

• Posted

So pleased for you as it is the worst height of pain ever. Happy pain free! X
  • Posted

I hope to have the same success. Two years ago I had a bad but of constipation which lead to piles and fissures. I'm now left with anal stenosis (scar tissue) making it difficult and painful to have BM. I'm having a procedure next month to have it removed. I'm nervous but if all goes well look forward to having a normal life

• Posted

Haha meant to say bad bout of constipation
  • Posted

Hi sherry poppy

That is fantastic! So happy for you smile I had the same outcome with mine and cannot explain the relief! My consultant warned me there might be an issue with holding wind as it can effect your sphincter muscles, have you had any trouble with that? I've just had a surgery to lay open my fistula and ive noticed since then I don't have to strain particularly to pass wind, which is slightly concerning as I would rather have more control in that area!

Happy recovery xxx

• Posted

Hi, thank you, cannot tell you how worried I was about having it done! Yes wind is a problem as I take regucol and mostly eat salad! But I have had no leaking which I was told I may suffer with. I hope you are recovering well also! Just so glad I am not in such uncontrollable pain! Fingers crossed it will work, only time will tell x
  • Posted

How was the pain after the procedure? Was it bad with BM's?

• Posted

Hi Kathy

No not as much as me worrying! I take regucol to help but it was fine! X

• Posted

Also no pain since the Botox injections and that is such a relief, just a little tender x
  • Posted

I am so happy that Botox worked for you.

Maybe other that have tried everything without success, can try it.

• Posted

Thank you, it's a constant concern. Although no pain from my fissure, I have huge haemorrhoids today😔 What a nightmare!

• Posted

So glad you are doing better!  I had Botox injection in January and while I was feeling no pain at all, it has recently come back...not as bad as it had been but still experiencing some pain.  I was hoping this was the solution but if the pain gets any worse or continues, I will need to go for surgery.

Hope yours lasts and solves the problem.

• Posted

Hi, it is a constant problem, I have today been suffering with massive piles! It really gets you down 😔 I hope you are ok?

• Posted

Hi smile I had my Botox 8 days ago so far so good - I'm only in pain passing stool and then just tender after wards is this what you experienced ? How long did your Botox last ? And how are you now is everything healed ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.