Anal Fissure

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had surgery 6 days ago to help with a anal fissure and removal of hemorrhoids.

Before surgery I couldn't walk due to the pain. Honestly, was pushed in a wheelchair and carried to my room.

The doctors didn't take me seriously until I dropped a ton of weight and was considered under weight and malnutrition. Now that I'm on my way to being cured I'm back on my feet. I even want to go back to work! I've missed the outside world.

Unfortunately, the pain is severe after I have a BM.

I mean- I'm screaming in pain and can't move.

My husband will carry me in the tub full of hot water and give me my pain meds.

It will last for about two hours for the severe pain to be knocked out.

I do take stool softeners so my BM are very soft.

How much longer does it take to be over all this?

Website say 6 weeks but I would like personal experiences from people.

Or any advice on what else I could do

Thank you for any advice

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, sry that your going through this I am also going through this and have been for several years. I just discover a better way to heal the fistula and keep inflammation down. To treat it use Tumeric and cold press Castro oil Hexcin Free. 1:4 ratio. Mix that and keep it with you. You will want to place small amounts on the area that is inflamed/fistula and the anus area. Do this with every BM and before bed. Another factor is diet. You have to to eat clean as much as possible. Study foods that cause inflammation and those that do not. Make sure you BM is always soft and flowing out every time. Never want to have to much pressure down there. If your on pain meds make sure your on a daily dose of mirlax or another stool softener. Start taking Tumeric as vitamin as well. Also remember try to clean your area down there with water and less toilet paper. Toilet paper has chemicals in it that keep us inflamed. It just doesn't help. Use less. Good luck. This information is from a Dr that is into herbs that's cure disease etc. very expensive to talk to but it was worth it. Fistula will never end unless your on top of it at all times. It will be a journey but speed it up by changing your lifestyle in diet.

• Posted

Hey you have really been through it and I am not surprised you are having so much pain. It was at least 6 weeks before I would start to feel better and be able to move about more so hopefully you should be the same. I tried to spend as much time lying down in the first two weeks as I could. It's boring and difficult if you need to do things but I learned it was the quickest way to allow the wound time to heal. Like Jeffwever says keeping the area clean is also the best way. it was painful but I would use the shower head on the area many times during the day for the first few weeks and that worked for me. Speak to your doctor again too. Let them know how much pain you are still to see what their advice is. Lots and lots of vegetables and water will also help. Good luck. I hope you are well soon. KR

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.