Anal fissure

Posted , 2 users are following.

I need help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How can we help 
    • Posted

I was in serous pain for over a month and I was to see a surgeon this last Tuesday but to my surprise on Saturday prior the bleeding and pain stopped but pain came back today after bowel although no blood also am on dialysis and I had to sit for 4hrs
    • Posted

Fissures take months to heal so don’t think all is ok when you have a BM with no pain 

Just get into a routine 

My surgeon said the key is to eat daily and poop daily 

• Posted

THeres lots of help on here just tell us what we can help with 

Pain ? 

Diet ? 

I had an anal fissure last October went away around 6 weeks ago

• Posted

I’m afraid with the anal fissure the diet has to be kind of strict 

My diet since the fissure and now it’s healed is 

Porridge breakfast 

Lunch - sandwich tuna on whole meal bread 

Dinner - broccoli carrots fish cauliflower and little potatoe 

Lots of veggies 

I also take 2 x movicol or laxido throughout the day 

When I had the fissure I took 2x  Senna at night also 

Must keep the BM soft 

Whilst the fissure was there I pooped in a sitz bath ( horrid - yes) but I was willing to try anything 

After BM another site bath with coconut oil and Epsom

Salts also a little peppermint oil 

My bum lives in water! 

Water - lots as much as you can drink 

I never wipe with paper just jump onto sits bath   , if I’m out I use coconut wipes 

Creams- forces of nature fissure control and pro kits m was good , for me however everyone is different also Bert Bees lip balm with peppermint oil ( don’t ask me how or why ..) but was brill ! 

You life revolves around your bum I’m afraid , 

Try to have one BM a day I also took one 30mg codeine straight after BM and 2 xparacetmol

Water bottle is good between ya cheeks !

All above worked for me however since the fissure has healed I still have sand routine I dare not change 

Still take Movicol religiously ! 

Smoothies - need BM soft to allow fissures to heal 

My surgeon gave me Gtn that worked also for me - he told me to use it as needed - so I used it three times a day and even now use it twice a week 

Hope you find relief soon

Hopd the above helps  a little 

Tasha 

• Posted

Tnx alot Tasha. My fear is that am also on dialysis so I have restricted diet on veggies due to potassium level but as I was get to relieve earlier and with ur advice am sure am good to go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.