Anal Fissure

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive had an anal fissure for two 4 months now and have had second flareup just now. After it healed within 3 days 4 months back, I could notice that my sphincter couldn't stretch as much as it used to and a slightly large bowel would cause pain at a certain point; where the fissure was. It's day 4-5 now and it hasn't healed. Defecation is painful and despite taking all the water and fiber I could in my diet, Im still constipated and I fear this might worsen my condition. Any tried and tested remedies that seemed to work would be great. Please help.

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Are you  taking stool softeners? If not take three every day and see if that gives you relief. 
  • Posted

Ps:  also take MiraLAX and Benafiiber with your morning coffee. 
  • Posted

Hi Jawa:

I drink two glasses of water mixed with a heaping teaspoon of Metamucil, one glass before breakfast and another before dinner. I also eat 3 small unsweetened prunes daily at spread out at breakfast, lunch & dinner, one tablespoonful of pure organic coconut oil in the morning and at least one tablespoonful of milled flaxseed mixed in with a bowl of berries and yoghurt daily. The most important, especially if supplementing with fibre, is to drink lots of water and I mean at the very least 2 litres per day. I usually have 2.5 to 3 daily. I avoid spicy food since if it goes in hot it will come out hot. Coconut water is also good to drink.  All of this has kept my stools soft and easy to pass. Avoid pushing or straining at all costs but you also don’t want diarrhea(I actually found this worse for me). I also have purchased something called a squatty potty which is a stool you place your feet on when having a BM as it simulates a squatting position which is apparently the best way to empty the bowel. 

Hope me this helps and that you feel better soon.

• Posted

Dear jawa089

I suffered the same problam of anal fissure had 3 times operation

But finally i discovered that only way to this problam is YOGA

Mandukasan please try and contact me for further assistance

• Posted

Same problems here, just eat high fiber cereals only thing I can eat.

Good luck it sucks.

• Posted

Thank you so much for all the valuable information. This along with some other remedies helped me get relief. I'll write about those in detail in a bit. 

• Posted

Try a sit bath it helps for 15 mi, also walking can get blood flowing more to the area, and do drink lots of water miralax can get you going.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.