Anal fissure

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm suffering so bad with an anal fissure, I'm looking any help or info I can get to help myself. I'm using numbing gel from doctor and I bought coconut oil as I read that it helped. I don't know how much more I can stick with it. The pain is awful, for hours after I go to loo. Any help would be appreciated

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie, How long have you been suffering with Anal Fissure? I was in the same position when Anal Fissures started with me last year. Nifedipine ointment really helped alot. 600 mg Ibuprofen with 325 mg Tylenol twice a day helped me pass stool with hardly no pain and less suffering after a Bowel movement. sitz baths as hot as you can take it for 10 mins after any bowel movements. Use baby wipes alcohol free to gently wipe away and feces. I like using a bedit or shower sprayer attached to my faucet to thoroughly clean my bum. Nothing more annoying and irritating then a dirty itchy rectum. I hope that helps you. If you have a good Colorectal surgeon to see I advise to see them and get treated as soon as possible.

• Posted

I have suffered for a few years on and off with it. I have had botox 5 times on this. I'm at my wits end. Been so upset today, walked the floors all night. I don't know what else to do

• Posted

my heart goes out to you, I know how horrible the pain is. I had two deep fissures, without surgery I would be in terrible agony every day. I hope you will get surgery to help you heal. Botox has a very low chance of healing people like us. I hope to hear you are doing better in the near future.

• Posted

Natalie

consider getting the LIS.

sit in hot bath

keep stool soft

drink lots of water

lots of fruits and vegetables

vitamins

hope you get better soon

• Posted

Thank you, I have ordered a sitz bath, I'm hoping it helps. I have cried all day, the pain is awful. Can't sit and walking is just as bad. I hardly slept last night as I woke to go to loo and then the pain was there all night. Everyday I pray the pain is a little less but its not. Thanks for advice

• Posted

Thank you for your tips to try, I'm in so much pain. Can hardly sit down, yet standing is so sore. Iv cried all day today, feel like giving up. The pain isn't getting any lesser, and I'm using so much stuff to try and help. Wouldn't wish this on anyone. Tomorrow is a new day

• Posted

Got my fissure in April 2019, was suffering immensely for at least 8 hours after a bowel movement. I was doing the sitz bath, malva tea at night, the ointment prescription, water etc.... and still had pain, anxiety attacks before bowel movements and blood in the toilet. I stopped eating gluten and red meat and that AUTOMATICALLY stopped my pain, the anxiety and the blood the very next day,

I went from 1 cup of Malva tea to 3/4 cup and I noticed that i had to push during the bowel movement lately and of course, it re-opened and bleed but no pain, only burning. Tonight I will go back to 1 cup of Malva tea and see what happens tomorrow.

NOW: I don't use the prescription ointment and I do 2 sitz bath a day. Any cream I put there including the zinc ointment, the coconut oil just burns too much.

Maybe get off gluten for 2 days.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.