Anal fissure

Posted , 6 users are following.

my Doctor diagnosed me many years ago with an anal fissure. I find certain foods like onions, cheese, salmon etc sometimes makes my bottom very sore and raw and sometimes may 'slightly' spot of blood. However, I have read that lichen slerorosus can affect the anus but, she said it was a fissure and, prescribed cream. she never mentioned LS so do I accept her diagnosis of a fissure and nothing else. I would like Others view and reassurance on this as she Never mentioned LS which, I think she would.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i was sore in anus and was told it would be sore in anus and i found online help i saw private dermatologist and finally got proper diagnosis

• Posted

Hi Doonebabe

re anal fissure - I'm recoving from one and given Movicol to soften stools whilst healing - I take it up with 2 a day. Also retrogesic cream for pain passing stools.

hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Doonebabe,

I have suffered with anal fissures for many years however was only diagnosed with LS 18 months ago. Not as a result of the fissures but because of intense vulval itching and the discovery of the white areas of skin. I now think that the anal fissures was the LS but not diagnosed.

My vulval LS seems to be under control at the moment however I have found a couple of white patches under my breast which my GP has said is LS. I am waiting for an appointment with a Dermatologist and hope to get some real advice as I don't think many GP's understand it. I have seen a Gyn who confirmed the diagnosis, but I'm sure the person to see is a Dermatologist, I'm hoping so anyway! I can't help but think the steroid treatment will make the delicate skin down below more vulnerable to tears. It's a vicious circle in my opinion.

Hope you find some relief !

• Posted

frankie, if you see a dermatologist chances are you will be put on Tacrolimus. I'm not sure it's an improvement as I was told to use it twice a day for 5 days and to use the steroid for 2 days....forever! She also said to cover the whole area with both, not just affected areas. There's a certain amount of discomfort with the Tac and the amount applied just seems like overkill to me. (I am also using hormone cream). Am curious to hear what you will be prescribed and what regimen.

• Posted

hi beverly

i will keep you all posted. I agree, to me it seems overkill. I have suffered, what I think, is a reaction to the overuse of steroid. I had a terrible angry rash in groin area. Eased with Timodine.

Told to use steriod on the patches on my breast and this resulted in again terrible rash underneath by breast. Timodine seems to have settled it but I'm concerned it will return when I start steroid again. It's a nightmare and hope the Derm will give me hope!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.