Anal Fissure Advise Needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

26 year old normally healthy male

Went to my GP in Feb time about rectal bleeding and I was checked out with a digital rectal exam and go felt and saw everything was fine and put it down to a fissure as I mentioned some pain when passing a stool... Advised to water more and clean up my diet as first port of call of port

Just also ordered stool softener in the hope that this helps as I'm starting to feel a bit constipatdd and motions are more difficult to pass. Tonight I had enough and went to the toilet for a clear out feels good now but wiping there was obviously blood but there was also blood near the Bottom of my cheek? Perhaps smeared it when wiping but strange!

Don't see an obvious tear at my anus nor am I in any real pain but I do have a visble tear on my anus but it's not attached to the actual anus it sits just north of it (could this be a fissure or does it have to be on the anus)

Does the location of a fissure have to be directly on the anus? The cut I can see running up my butt I can't believe it would produce as much blood so thinking potentially a Hem but I've tried a cream and it doesnt do much?

Also currently being treated for a fungal skin infection around the groin but can't see this being any connection

Perhaps a fissure can really produce that blood level

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Constipation can absolutely cause a fissure. It can be located just within the inside of the anus. and of coarse unless your spreading in a mirror, very hard to identify. Now if your constipated, you NEED to up your water intake, fiber intake and also take stool softener , daily. metamucil is a great product. i take it once a day after or right before dinner. no straining either

• Posted

Always see water as a solution and my GP... How much water? Drink about 3 pints along with maybe 2 or 3 cups of coffee or tea

Just ordered dulcoease. This morning I had to pass motions again and had to strain so finger a crossed this time next week will be a different story

• Posted

3+lt of water , i take 3 100mg stool softener in the am...eat regular, leafy greens,try to stay away from carbs,greese..after dinner i drink 1 8oz glass of water with 1 1/2 teaspoons of metamucil, followed by a glass of water and 2 softener...this was after i suffered from 2 internal grade 2 hem's and a fissure...as soon as i changed the diet , upped my water , fiber, everything self resolved. its very taxing when your a hypocondriac... i have some bad health anxiety. it was hell for 6+ months, before finally getting dragged to the colorectal dr. ill tell ya what, i certainly wont pig out or eat s****y ever again.

• Posted

• i had those sucker's banded
    • Posted

technically yes, what happens to 90% of people when they drink coffee? gotta go to the $hitter... it's a diuretic

• Posted

Plan of attack

Just ordered

Hemorrhoids Suppository

Stool Softener

Coconut Oil (gonna start cooking with this)

2l Water jug

Got confirmation I'm back to work in 3 weeks so going to give this one last attack haven't tried stool softener before but anything I've read it should be like toothpaste consistency whereas I'm dealing with like icebergs 🙈not painful but uncomfortable to pass so hopefully that will clear it up and allow hemorrhoids suppository to begin to heal anything that needs healed

Yesterday passed little blood today reasonable amount of blood after a big splash

Cannot wait to be free and healthy again

Any other tips

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.