Anal fissure bleeding?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me with this

I'm female, in my early 20s. Since maybe September of 2018, I've been having a sharp pain and itchiness in my anal area post-bowel movement. It wasn't that painful at the time, I would just poop as normal and then clean the area with witch hazel and call it a day. Then in February, after a bout of constipation the pain got worse, it felt like I was passing razor blades, with little streaks of blood on the toilet paper and I feared having to use the bathroom! I thought it was hemorrhoids so I just used more witch hazel and soaked the area with a warm towel and eventually, the pain and bleeding subsided, and I got back into my university work. Coming down to the end of March, I went through an emotionally stressful time, as I had lost a dear pet and still had to commit to my assignments. The Sunday afterwards, I went to the bathroom, expecting a normal, peaceful poop, and to my shock not only was it the most sharp, painful bowel movement I've had in my life, there was a LOT of fresh bright red blood coming out on the toilet paper, which scared the heck out of me. It's been like this since then, with the exception of last weekend when I had mild food poisoning and had very soft stools courtesy of diarrhea. Right now, I'm waiting on my period to end so I can see my doctor, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do in the meantime aside from changing diets and sitz baths( which I'm already doing) to try to lower the post- BM bleeding at least, because that's what's freaking me out the most. Is it possible for fissures to cause a lot of bleeding? Can stress make it worse?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes, yes, id say 90% chance it a fissure for sure. stress is not good for anything especially fissures! use hit wheat bag to ease pain and wash not wipe, get a hose with head near your toilet. best advice i ever had!

• Posted

Thank you for your response, I'll try that!

• Posted

Hi you poor thing, I feel your pain. I've been through it all, 10 years of it and I finally had the op to correct it. I found calmoseptine cream most comforting and is the best cream to use to heal. Advice stay away from dark meat and drink loads of water and laxido, keep the poo as soft as you can to give your body chance to heal. I mostly now am OK, I just have to remember now to stay off dark meat, good luck hun. If you do go for surgery, it is brutal yes but as a last resort its very effective x

• Posted

I'm glad that you're better now! Ten years of this sounds like hell.

• Posted

HI Kym, daz1967 gave some great tips! I am practicing what he suggested and so far better results. the horrible sphincter pain is the worse part. the hot water shower sprayer hooked up to a faucet helps a lot! Besides 15 min sitz bath twice a day or more if needed. I know how you feel about bleeding. It will slow down than eventually stop by babing the area with treatment,stool softners , medication. Eat a diet that will keep your stool soft. Take time when time is given with no or little pain to enjoy life. Keeping stress down will help you now and in the long run. Sing to yourself, watch funny cat or dog videos on YouTube, or Watch Bob Ross paint if cant sleep at night. Just a few suggestions 😃 I am hoping we all are healed completely soon. God Bless

• Posted

Thank you very much for the advice! I'll try to keep my stress levels down as well

• Posted

It's a fissure by the sound of it. One sachet laxido, plus one magnesium citrate 500mg each day will allow it to heal very quickly. Tablets are on Amazon, Laxido from any pharmacy. As recommended to me by my colorectal surgeon.

• Posted

Hi Laura, I never considered using Magnesium citrate. Does MC 500mg have oxide added to it or is it straight citrate? reason I ask is that some supplements have a mix. I know both are beneficial for different reasons especially with AF being a Major Pain. Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Whissler, I take Magnessium Citrate daily and find it really helps keep my stool soft.

• Posted

Hi Kathy, is you Magnesium citrate just citrate or has a mix of both citrate and oxide? ty

• Posted

The reason ask if it has more is On the bottle it says Magnesium Citrate but than you look into further and it has Magnesium oxide added. That's why I ask 😃 I need to if I'm purchasing something good or wasting money and no results.

• Posted

Hi the brand I use is Webber Naturals. I've attached a photo of the ingredients.image

• Posted

Please let me know how this works for you. I found taking just one per day showed good results within a few weeks. I suffered so much with hemorrhoids and anal fissures that my life was drastically impaired. Still some troubles but keeping stool soft without causing diarrhea is part of the solution.

• Posted

Kathy I completely understand where you're coming from. with me its IBS and a temperamental Digestive Track plus Lactose Intolerance, Acid Reflux, Spinal Stenosis the list goes a bit further 😦 I cant wait to be pain free from AF. You all understand pain and torment of it so need to elaborate. Thank you for sharing what has helped you. Looking forward to better days.

• Posted

Magnesium oxide is intended for bowel movements and Citrate is intended for muscle cramps, restless leg syndrome. Both are great and nothing wrong. I'm just trying to see which worked best for you. I'm hoping to have the same results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.