Anal Fissure - clamped shut for 4 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

morning fellow-sufferers

just wanted to hear off some of you for whom nitrate ointment hasn't worked. GP prescribed it 2 weeks ago and I apply it as best as I can but my anus feels clamped shut, swollen, painful and bruised. it is agonising to insert a digit loaded with ointment and try to apply it to the effected area. in fact I'm pretty sure most of it wipes off on the way in. I guess Botox is the next step. GP said ointment should have worked by now and has referred me to Colorectal surgeon for further investigation. never felt so low in my life. constant burning stinging throbbing pain. hell on earth. reading these posts and realising I'm not alone is so comforting. thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I could not insert it either the pain was unbearable. My consultant told me to apply a small amount of the cream 4 times a day to the area on the outside of the anus as it would then be absorbed into the skin.

I have also used Anusol hc sparingly twice a day. I actually thing my fissures are healed. At Xmas I had 3 fissures and ended up in hospital with the pain. So there is light at the end if the Tummel 🙏

• Posted

My agony started in November. By January I ended up in hospital because the pain was so horrific. I have used the creams prescribed daily. Changed my diet to high fibre. Added oil to my diet. 3 litres of water a day and Dulcoease stool softeners and I would say in the last 2 weeks I am having pain free bowel movements and no pain after. I'm actually on the list for lis when surgery starts again but amazingly I don't think I need it. Believe me it's been a horrendous 6 months and I'm amazed I am actually saying something positive. I can sit on my bum and exercise and no pain.

Don't despair. 😁

• Posted

that's amazing. I'm glad.

I dont have pain during bm...but after will have burning pain. but it's not as bad as people report but still there.

I've been doing everything. has good and not so good days.

I guess it will just take time but just gets frustrated.

• Edited

helllo dirst thing dont worry.Apply the ointment not inside the anys but outside as inside is not realistic my collateral surgeon advised

buy dr.wheatgrass ointment and apply once a day

get a stool softener or fybogel wveryday

take sitz bath once min after passing stool with a tea spoon salt and coconut oil

and as soon as you get up drink few glasses of warm water and get daily bowel mivements in the morning i drink half liter to one liter in morning

eat beans black beans wveryday and get 30 g fiber oats etc and two to three liter water

.It takes six weeks to heal and anal fissures take time in heaing be patient and relax and allow your body to heal

• Posted

also it is worth checking blood to see if u r deficient in any vitamins or iron because that may also stop the wound healing quickly..

• Posted

have a sitz bath with warm. Then have it really cold... then put your cream in allllll the way up. Mine is slowly getting better and im 3-4 months using hte cream. More regular now though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.