Anal fissure for almost 3 years now

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

This forum is the greatest, I discovered it 5 months ago after recovering from the HAL Doppler surgery. Today, 3 days before fissure surgery, I want to share my feelings with you, my story is so long(and painful) I will only share with you that today, my situation is horrible, I've never had so much blood during BM before.

During the last 3 years I went to see so many doctors that some has diagnosed Hems and some fissure, I was so confused I've tried everything. Today, I'm suffering from 2 deep pretty large fissure that won't heal with the regular home treatments, sure I'm a bit afraid from the surgery but I have no other choice, my life has been changed from active person, who rides motorcycle, bikes, gym, trips, running to lay down on bed just for the pain to pass, I'm so miserable and depressed, I hardly see the light by the end of the tunnel. I'm so tiered living like that and I do hope this surgery will help me. Can someone share with me/us information about the recovering after this surgery? What are the chances of healing and get rid of this horrible thing?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm sorry to hear this. Which surgery are you having? Botox or Lis?

I am in a similar boat with good days and bad days. Light isn't there for me either but I constantly things I read on here.

All my appointments have stopped with covid 19 so I cannot see my surgeon.

Sending warmth to you. This thing is vile.

Three years is long for you. I have suffered since August after emergency surgery in Greece.

• Posted

Hi poppy000

It's not the botox, I think it's the LIS, the surgeon will cut the mussle to ease the pressure and will clean the fissures to give it a chance to heal properly, I must say that today my stool is soft but the cut is so deep that it's bleeding no matter what i do, its unbearable to continue living like that, what surgery did you pass?

• Posted

I had the botox and skin tag removal.

October.

Still not healed so I feel your pain.

I don't know what my next option is as all appointments stopped.

I was meant to have second round of botox in February but the surgeon cancelled it just as I was about to go in after observing it and thinking I was healing. I don't know what's next for me?

I hope you find some relief, I truly do

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that, my surgeon said that botox may help in 70% or even less, surgery should be 90% or higher in terms of healing the fissures, I think you should consider surgery and not botox skin tag removal is painful indeed, can take time until it heals. I hope this covid19 thing will pass soon and we all can live our lives again...

I hope you will find the right treatment for you suffer, keep me updated.

• Edited

Hi, so sorry to hear that you have had to endure this for 3 years, it leaves you with no quality of life at all.

I had one very deep fissure, initially it was quite big and deep that the consultant could see the muscle base underneath! I was in pain all day everyday for 18 months. Tried Rectogesic and Diltiazem cream which gave short term relief. I had excision and Botox in Nov 19 which left me unable to walk properly for weeks and caused burning pain. I then had another round of Botox with Anoplasty 4 weeks ago. The Surgeon took some healthy skin from near the fissure and stitched it over the tear. The first 7-10 days were painful but the pain mainly coming from the stitches and not the old fissure pain. First BM was painful too. I still take laxatives every evening and have been almost pain free for over two weeks. There is some itching and sensitivity in that area but the pain is nothing like before. I am still living in constant fear that it will come back.

I am praying that your surgery is successful and you get your life back soon. I was really frightened before both surgeries but really nothing will be as bad as the pain that you are already in. Stay positive X

• Edited

Zara50317 thank you so much, ye.. I'm in total pain all day everyday, for those who don't suffer from this hell on earth will and don't understand the amount of pain and suffer we all going through. This is my first surgery for this matter, 5 months ago I went through HAL Doppler and I think it also contributed to the pain, the surgeon didn't see anything then but its me who constantly went to the doc for examination. I did everything I could to make it go away, from diet to everyday changes, so this is the last stop, hope it will bring peaceful to me and my family who suffer with me this whole time. I will update after the surgery how am I doing.

• Edited

hello, I will share my experience. I had LIS January 7th 2020. The first week is very tough, I'm not going to lie. Day 3-5 will be the worse. That being said I did not take any narcotics, I only used Advil, and sitz baths 3-4 times a day. Going to the restroom was very bad day 3-5, I almost passed out, and once I got enough strength to get off the stool I went out side for fresh air, then got in the bathtub. The pain was bot from the fissure, it was from the incision from what I could tell. My surgeon did open LIS, so I had a yellow liquid called fibrin leak for a good 8 weeks. This is normal and part of the healing process. Week two was much better, but I wasn't quite ready to work. By day ten I was making progress. I can sat this so far, I'm on week 14 post op, and glad I did the surgery, but I'm still not 100%. The surgery to this point eliminated the pressure, and the glass cutting pain for the most part. My job requires me sitting for 10 hours which does not help, but most days I do have tenderness after sitting for hours, and every day I have an annoying itch. I drink 8oz prune juice every night, and take 1 stool softener, I eat bran cereal in the morning. I use wet wipes, and clean up in the shower after going to the restroom. For me the surgery eliminated the pressure, the burning, and the cutting pain. I hope in time the itching, and tender stretching feeling goes away. Ive heard it can take a full year to full heal. The doctor said 6 weeks for the fissure to heal, but I would realistically say much longer. There are a lot of nerves back there, the fissure cuts into nerves, then the surgeon does as well. All that being said, I suffered 19 months, tried every compound cream out there, its all a waste of time, I wish they would just go straight to surgery for a CAH. Good luck to you, you wont regret the surgery after you get passed day 5. I cut 4X4 gauze in half and used it back there for a good 6 weeks. That fibrin that drains can be itchy too. If you have the closed surgery with a stitch you wont have to worry about the leaking.

• Posted

Wow, it sounds though alright, I agree with you, the most frightening part is the time after the surgery. I know its hard but I will pass it. I will update my condition.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us/me. I hope you will fully recover soon.

• Posted

UPDATE

Yesterday I was at the ER for non stop bleeding from the fissure the doctors said its so big they didn't see anything like it, it bacame a wound. Tommorow is my surgery and I hope this is it. I hope I'll get my life back.

• Posted

UPDATE

Yesterday 17/4 I went through the LIS surgery, one small fissure at the front and large deep fissure at the back, it was so big and deep the surgeon said he could see the muscle tissue underneath.. Its crazy.. And skin tags removal, Today I came back from the hospital, they where so kind, gave me pain killers to ease the pain, and it's working. Yes it's not comfortable at all, I didn't sleep at all, not because of the pain, because I didn't know when I need to go to pee as all the erea was under anesthetization. I didn't feel I'm peeing. Yes it's painful but pain killers can fix that, it's scary to go to the loo, just came back, ill keep updating..

• Posted

UPDATE

3 days after the op, still in pain but manageable with pain killers, 4 times a day Optalgin and Ibufen, drink 3L of water, mineral oil 3 times a day, normalax at night, eat small meals every 3 hours mainly vegetables and fruits, Quaker in the morning and evening.

Just came back from BM, and it's not so painful as before but still there is pain. Trying to calm myself down during and after with deep breath and thinking positive. Right after going to shower to clean myself with relaxing temperature. Now I'm in bed. The worst part of the day(BM) is behind me.

• Posted

UPDATE

4 days after the op, pain is still around, while in the bathroom didn't notice the same sharp pain like before but still there is pain, doing Zits baths 4 times a day, drinking a lot of water. Walking from time to time but resting.

Can't walk much as it hurts. I'll keep updating.

• Edited

5 days after the op, still pain but not as in the beginning, during MB didn't suffer from the sharp pain, but burning sensation afterwards. The pain and inconvenience is during the day. Took one dose of optalgin, less then before. I'll keep updating.

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm in pain and burning for more than 1 month. My surgeon said that is fissure. I'm doing nifedipine but this doesn't get better. Does someone knowns of are they doing LIS in woman? I'm really so scare if they need to do Fissurectomy instead of LIS

• Posted

Hi there milen96888

I feel your pain I Really do, its disaster, if you are suffering for a month give it a try, you must change your diet today so your BM will be soft, when it's soft it doesn't hurt and the fresh fissure will heal. But it takes time, if after 2 month it's still doesn't work go for the LIS.

Again you must Change your diet.

• Edited

Thank's for answer me. I changed my diet like a month a go. I eat a lot of fruit and vegetable and increased my fiber. Every day I wake up nervous because I don't know how is going to be my day. This group is support for me. I read every discussion. Thank you again

• Posted

I was just like you, every morning before going to the loo, I was scared and never knew how my day will be, in fact, one small error in there and it can effect a week from that point, I feel you and your pain, we are all on the same boat. You also need to drink a lot, between 2.5 to 3 L all day, try to add the LAX powder, in every county its different so I don't know what sells in the UK, you must take off, coffee, cheese, chocolates and all the staff that makes your stool harder, when you going to the loo try to put your feet up on small shelve, this way it would easy for you to Go, also try to add 2 spoons of mineral oil for 2 weeks, see how it works for you, eats dry fruits also, the sugar in it makes the stool soft, I wish you all the luck, if you need more help let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.