anal fissure for two months and skin tags

Posted , 5 users are following.

It started about two months ago when i found blood on my toilet paper after passing hard stools. I've also noticed before I went to the doctor that I had a skin tag near around my anus just a very very tiny one and does not cause me pain. Since I had this before I went to the doctor Im sure the doctor has already seen it but he just said that I only had one of those tears that was causing the blood on my toilet paper and advised me to take stool softeners. Does anyone else have these tags? 

Anyways so I made it my goal to have my stools soft and sometimes I find a bit of blood when i wipe but sometimes I dont it was sorta an off and on thing which is really frustrating. The pain of the tear also doesnt hurt a lot after bowels just maybe after 5 mins or so its okay. About two weeks ago I started using sudocream and has taken fiber supplements to help my stools as well, last week I really thought that everything was fine, I had normal bowel movements with no blood however it was just yesterday I found spots of blood again on my toilet paper and today as well when I had bowel movement. This has me stressing again I really thought it was okay already but these spots of blood got me wondering that maybe I'll have this forever How long does it really take for fissures to heal? and how to heal it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It really depends. From what I understand, if you go through periods where you don't see blood and then do see blood, then it probably heals then reopens back up. My recommendation is to squat while going to the bathroom. This helps you strain less and aggravate your fissure less. 

• Posted

Are you taking sitz baths. I had a fissure about one month ago and am healed. I’ve been taking sitz baths every morning since, right after a BM. I swear by them!
  • Posted

You r doing everything right so far. The only thing I can suggest is sitz baths with epsom salt,baking soda,lavender  oil,coconut oil and witch hazel. Then I apply something called Saymans Salve I purchased on Amazon .com,or calmoseptine ordered from Walgreens. There is something new I have tried called. Recticare 25.00 from walmart. This numbs the pain. I hope these suggestions help.
  • Posted

Definitely try avoid stool softeners, I thought this would help but it did not. What it does do is suck water from other parts of your body which is not healthy long term. What I suggest is maybe if you in a lot of pain, try it for a few days but then don't use them.

Instead what I recommend is to drink as much fluid as you possible can to help instead of softeners, water, juice etc .. try avoid alcohol. If you hate drinking water like I do, then try drink fluids you do enjoy. Any fluid will assist you, it does take time to acclimatize  your body to fluids. People with chronic fissures could take up to 2 months for your body to react and stabilize with the fluids, but I can't recommend that enough.

Also never strain when you doing a BM, let it come as natural as possible. Also try not so spend more than 2 minutes on a toilet and only go when you need too. Don't wait too long once you need to go as this will strain your walls, go immediately when you feel the need and don't wait.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.