Anal fissure, mouth sores... Could it be Crohn's?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 17 years old and my main concern is that I've been suffering from anal fissures for about two years now. I believe the fissure appeared for the first time because of hard stool. It healed in about two weeks, but often when I have hard stool again, it comes back. There are periods of time when it's fine, but then there would come a period when it would reopen every month, like right now. Sometimes there's a bit of bright red blood present, though not in the majority of cases. Other than that, I'm concerned beacuse I also get mouth sores, but they started appearing around the time when I got braces (also around 2 years ago) and I always thought that is the reason behind it. I have coeliac disease - diagnosed about 10 years ago - but I don't feel sick, vomit, lose weight, have unexplained fever, diarrhea.... I told my doctor about the fissure problem at my annual checkup for coeliac's. She took stool for examination/lab analysis and the results were ok, but I'm not sure what she was checking and which diseases can be found through this kind of examination. So don't know, I worry a lot about that, and therefore I'd like to hear what it could be. (oh , and p.s. there's no history of Crohn's in my family as far as I'm aware)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The symptoms sounds a lot like what my daughter’s, except she also had abdominal cramps. Did your doctor take the stool sample to check for inflammation? If there is not inflammation, there is no Crohns.
  • Posted

Yes, I was able to find the results of the examination, they say there's no bowel inflamation. So that means no Crohn's, as I understand. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.