Anal fissure nightmare

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have posted on here before as I am suffering daily with this awful condition as all of you are. I'm doing everything by the book at the agony continues. One thing I've done differently this week is I've added 4000 ml of flaxseed oil to my food. I can honestly say it help the bowel movement such a lot. Doesn't really help all the after pain but the actual passing is without strain. Just thought this may be of use. Give it a try. Good luck

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

hi, I'm sorry that you're going through this. i suffered with fissure pain for 9 months!! everyday unbearable and torturous pain. couldn't sit or stand. couldn't drive my car. couldn't sleep or even lie down. all i thought about was that horrible pain. worse pain in the world. you just wanna die, I'm serious.

the stabbing and burning pain would last hours and hours. iwent to the ER and they didn't help me. those rectal creams are not good. so i went to my primary care doctor and he referred me to gastroenterologist .

the gastro prescribed me "Nitroglycerin/rectiv" the heart ointment. oh boy it does wonders , it helped me with pain, swelling and flare ups. as soon as i felt a flare up/pain i would use that. and use that right after bowel movement too. but it does give you a headache which i don't mind. it makes the pain go away. amazing medication. it is applied to your anus and it dilates and relaxes the blood vessels and tension. do not use toilet paper if you have a fissure. forget about toilet paper forever it just makes everything worse. use a bidet from now on. they sell them on Amazon. or just jump in bathtub and clean with water. also, everyday at night drink miralax or at least 3x a week, before going to bed. you will notice how the pain will lessen or go away with what i mentioned above. drink good amount of water during the day.

trust me, with fissure pain i had terrible thoughts in my head, i didn't want to feel fissure pain anymore. i felt like dying. it is the most painful thing in the world or at the very least the top 5 most painful, no f*****g joke.

i got the referral for surgery but I've been pain free for 7 months doing those things above.

after suffering for a such a long time you learn a thing or two.

i feel you. i know what you going through. im still pain free.

• Posted

hello,

i see that you have been pain free for a while. Do you still sometime see blood on toilet paper. i am suffering too, i have been on off for 3 year. Every year, it comes few month then goes. this time I dont feel hurt, it just a litte irretate, but i see blood on toilet paper few day then stop for one or two then comeback.

thank you

• Posted

yea I've stopped wiping unless I'm working and need to use the bathroom at work i will use wet wipes. otherwise I do take sitz bath with every motion when I can eith epsom salt and coconut oil

• Posted

I have been suffering from fissure and anal abscess, get operated 6 months ago by LIS, still not have a fully normal life...always have a small noticeable pain which is constant and inflammation down there which looks like hemmorrhoids/piles flare up, I am on liquids, eating spice free foods and fruits but have constantly discharge clear liquids which irritates skin around anus too...what it could be? how i can stop this, had used cotton swab guaze there for about four months to absorb liquid and pus...now pus is rare but liquid is there and pain too...is it a sign of fistula or something else? always apply sudocrem after cleaning the area with shower but not have 100% pain free normal life as i had in the past.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.