Anal fissure or hemorrhoids?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So, I will make it as simple as possible. My stupid lifestyle slowed my metabolism a lot, which had a bad turn on me whenever I would have my stool which was most often not more than twice a week. You could imagine that would create an enormous stool that would be really hard to pass. After some of them I would see some really tiny traces of blood on my paper after I was wiping. Due to the small amount I did not freak out.

However, some weeks ago I had a really big and hard stool and after I started wiping I was shocked to find out that there was more blood on the toilet paper than you know what, right? Well, based on what I saw and felt I made some research on the NHS website and I came to the conclusion that I might have either hemorrhoids or an anal fissure, with the later being more plausible. However, not long before I had the hard stool I started drinking a lot more water daily (aprox 3L per day) which afterwards quickened my metabolism and now I have a lot smaller stools almost daily, or at least every other day, right? Well, everything was alright afterwards as whenever I had my stool there was no blood on it until like a week after when I was shocked to find the same amount of blood on my toilet paper after having a small stool. So it got me thinking, is it an anal fissure or hemorrhoids? Because the blood is really inconsistent. I've never seen it since (about 1-2 weeks). I would like to add that the blood was bright red which made me think it might have been hemorrhoids.

Could anyone guess as to what this might be? I have to say that I do not have any pains or anything of that sorts. It was just the blood (after hard stools) and that was it. It was never there two times in succession. Just twice at different intervals (weeks one after the other).

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

With an anal

Fissure comes pain - pain that lasts for hours it’s like passing sheets of broken glass. 

Hurts when passing and hours after - spinster muscle goes into spasm which is the pain after however you get blood with both

My experience with both is the pain is uncontrollable with an anal fissure with hemoroids it can be painful but pain is there and gone but is uncomfortable not uncontrollable

I’ve had fresh blood with both but more with the anal fissure 

Both  can come with hard stools - my guess if your not in pain would be hemoroids 

With either - add Movicol ( laxido) x 2 to your daily routine plus 2 x Senna at night 

As much water as you can tolerate 

Broccoli - cauliflower - porridge 

Marshmallow tablets I take( from Holland and Barrett) if in UK 

Emuaid  max cream is brill 

Forces of nature fissure control 

Proktis M cream and suppositories 

Sitz bath water as hot as you can tolerate with coconut oil and Epsom salts 

Hope all helps 

Tasha 

• Posted

U really need to go everyday or every other day

Try stool softeners n Metamucil 

Also more veggies, fruits, less sugar

More fiber

Try taking sitz baths

• Posted

Definitely sounds like it could be hemmoroids from having hard stools. But if your not in pain....then I'd suggest always add a handful of spinach to your meals. When just one meal a day.

I had a fissure and hemorrhoids in the past. Had surgery for both. Pain had ended, however I will find blood in my stools if I'm not eating any salads with spinach. The more green the better.

And that helps so much. How online and look for recipes with spinach. Hope that helps.

• Posted

If you have an  anal Fissure,  you would be in horrible pain. My guess is it is a hemorrhoid.  Best of luck! 
  • Posted

Hello Mighty21. My name is Lenora I had the same issues I will have a lot of constipation and some signs of blood like you said it wouldn't be constant it will be breaks in between and one time it was so much it look like a nose bleed trust me it was alarming so I called my primary care doctor he had me to come in he gave me a referral to go see a colon rectal doctor when I go to see him the doctor told me that I had internal hemorrhoids and one was so big that it was getting ready to cover my rectum area I had 3 in total so he set me up for a hemorrhoidectomy that I just had on the 18th of this month and I am doing awesome no pain small amounts of bleeding for the first two days but I am having a wonderful recovery so my answer to you would be going to get it checked out by a colon rectal doctor because you can have internal hemorrhoids good luck to you God bless you and just pray on it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.