Anal fissure post surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I wonder if anyone can provide any sort of insight/advice on my problem. I had a laser surgery to remove both internal and external haemorrhoids 24 days ago. This morning during BM I noticed blood in the toilet and felt sharp pain after I started moving post BM. I think the stool has been hard and it sort of scratched the wound resulting in fissure. My movements are restricted now due to pain although just yesterday I was moving freely. I am totally freaking out now. Did anyone have something similar and what can be done? Will it heal by itself or I now need another surgery? Many thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The first or second time you can heal with proper diet after that most likely gonna need surgery to heal it on fresh tissue, I suggest going to get fissurerectomy so it can heal probably, good luck..

• Posted

Hi there, many thanks for your advice and sorry for the delayed response. Been to my doctor and she said it's just wounds healing. So for now am waiting and watching my diet. I see some people here feeling much better after 3-4 months post surgery. I don't know what kind of patience one must have to endure it. All I hear is that laser surgery is so much better than traditional one due to quick recovery. Maybe I am just unlucky as clearly it didn't do the trick for me 😦

• Posted

Hang in there with some luck you will heal with proper diet, if it tares again insist on fissurerectomy, I hate to say it but in my case it was the only solution..

• Posted

How long did you wait post initial surgery until getting fissurectomy? It's been 7 weeks post surgery for me and I don't wanna rush into another surgery without giving my wounds a good chance to heal. Off course my patience is wearing thin and sometimes I feel I'm waiting for a miracle that just isn't gonna happen. By the way I don't work at the moment (thankfully) and it gave me opportunity to be careful after surgery, eg I didn't sit for like 6 weeks, walked only slow, didn't drive. When I told my doctor about this, she was shocked and said people who go nuts with extra care usually don't heal well. Her advice was literally forget about surgery, live normal life and stop overthinking everything. Go figure what's right after this!

• Posted

I had the Hemmerectomy/ fissurerectomy done at the same time, 1st month extremely painful then everyday a half percent better, gonna be 1 year come June 1st, wish I did sooner.. I hate to say it but since your fissure came after surgery your gonna have to reexperiance the whole deal again, but atleast you will know what to expect and how to deal with it, if it's your first fissure you can heal up but you must whatch your diet so it dont happen again. if you heal then tare again it will not...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.