Anal Fissure skin tag after Botox...can somone relate?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I just wanted to see if anyone can relate or give advice on a problem that I'm having. I had the Botox procedure done a month ago . And ive had no pain from the Fissure once the constipation was controlled. Now I have a skin bulging out . Now I'm getting pain from that. Sometimes it bleeds and it burns. Today it's hurt more than usual. The doctor saw it and said there was no sign of infection. He said to keep it clean and continue doing sitz baths. I've followed doctors orders but it's getting progressively painful now.

I would like hear from you. Would like some hope

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi r77834

When I had my fissure I had no idea I had a skin tag next to it. Not until I was actually diagnosed with a fissure the doctor told me about the skin tag.

And it wasn't much the skin tag that was hurting but the fissure next to it. He removed the skin tag at time of surgery. I had too have an Internal anal sphincterotomy. Which has been a Huge blessing because my fissure is gone and I am painless. I feel I have my life back and I can breathe again. Literally speaking...by having a stool.

You will definitely Neff to have that tag removed. Doctors will always have us do the alternative before they recommend Any surgeries. They will prescribe treatment with diltiazem cream or botulinum A injections. These treatments relax your muscles but sometimes Do Not heal , and we try tons of remedies were told to. So i really feel for you, and I hope this was some help to you.

Look into getting that skin tag removed. And I Sincerely wish you the best of Luck! God bless ?

• Posted

Thanks so much for letting me know. I feel better knowing that there is hope for recovery. I'm waiting on the doctors office to call me and I plan on getting this thing removed. I don't have any pain from the fissure. I've been eating healthy and keeping things soft but now it's the skin tag that's the painful problem.

I wish they would have removed it during surgery!

• Posted

Call your doctor who gave you the surgery and reschedule to get that tag removed. 👍

• Posted

Thanks! I have an appointment on Monday with the surgeon! I went to the office today to see the nurse and he was able to get me in for Monday. I hope he does remove it. I'm scared of the pain after removing it but I'm just so tired of suffering like this. I'm miserable!

• Posted

Hi r77834.  I just read your post and you are  scaring me. I just posted on here about three minutes ago. I too am dealing with an anal Fisher and I feel like I'm getting better because it is starting to itch instead of being painful. However, what do you mean you have a skin tag? I do have a bunch of mini hemorrhoids and after I have a bowel movement   I have to push everything back inside. I feel like they slide back out. Are those skin tags? 

• Posted

Hi sharen69350! I'm sorry you have this horrible condition also!

A skin tag is different than a hemorrhoid. From what I've learned skin tags are just a piece of skin that devlops right outside the anal area. Some people refer to it as a sentinel pile. This happens commonly when you have a chronic anal fissure like the one I have. With a skin tag you cannot push it anywhere since its developed outside of the anus and because it's quite painful and sore to be able to do anything to it. From what I heard, they can shrink and and not cause any pain when it's all healed but I'm my case it's swollen, bleeding and I feel the swelling all the way up toward my crack (sorry if TMI) Some people can confuse them with hemorrhoids which is why I had to go to the doctors office to let them make sure that's what it was.

I think you should do the same and make sure what you have is hemorrhoids and not skin tags if you haven't already done so. I'm also recommending you do that because from my personal experience, I was using hemorrhoid medicine in the beginning because I thought I had a hemorrhoid and it turned out to be an anal fissure. Hemorrhoid creams tend to thin out the skin which can make your fissure worse. Mine became chronic. I really hope you feel better soon. I'm finally seeing my doctor on Monday and I'm hoping he can remove this as it's really easy to develop an infection and I feel like that's what's happening to me. sad But on a brighter note, at least my fissure doesnt hurt.

I hope you find some relief soon hun. Hang in there, be strong and take care of yourself!

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying. Actually, I have been seeing a colon rectal surgeon and he said if I was not better by Friday, which is tomorrow, to come back. I personally think I am better and just wanted to make sure that I did not have a skin tag. I'm pretty sure he would've noticed that the two times that I have been to him, don't you think?   My worry is I don't want to throbbing, burning, stabbing pain to come back. I am dealing with a little bit of itching now but I will take that anytime over the pain. Best of luck to you as well. Feel free to ask questions anytime and hopefully I can help you also! 

• Posted

I was itching for a while too. I itch sometimes even now. I think it's a good sign that you're healing. Keep things soft so you don't get any flare ups and I was told to do sitz baths every 2 hours. I tried as much as I could to keep up with that. Also, I'm tried adding baking soda to my sitz bath. I tried it today and it didn't burn but I hear it helps with healing wounds. Maybe it's something you can look into also. I'm glad you're just itching. That's a good sign in my opinion. When I itches alot I used a cold compress to sooth it a little and it seemed to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.