Anal fissure surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering from an anal fissure for about 12 weeks, and it seems to be starting to feel a little better.  I still have a consult for surgery.  Do the surgeons still do the sphincterotomy surgery if the anal fissure is healed?  Thank you. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I’m not to sure about surgery to be honest you may have ibd  our gp told us he only sends patients for colonoscopy if he suspects cancer tell your gp you think you have crohns and don’t let him tell you that people with crohns only have diarrhoea because I’ve joined crohns uk on Facebook and lots of people on there have constipation and or diarrhoea with crohns tell your doctor your that ill and if you have cancer you will hold him or her responsible tell them straight have you got anyone to go with you for support to see gp 
    • Posted

They suspected I had it but decided to not test my stool sample as it was formed the woman said it should have been tested. Still never had my stool sample tested to thos day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.