Anal fissure / tear , unbearable, constant pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I know there's a few threads on this topic already but I would still like to hear some comforting words from someone who knows what I'm going through.

About three weeks ago I was very intoxicated on a night out and I ended up going home with a guy that I had been seeing briefly previously and I don’t know how it happened but we ended up having anal intercourse without any lube or preparation what so ever. The following week I was in pain and was bleeding when I went to the toilet but I didn’t think much of it as I thought it would get better, and it was a natural thing to happen considering what I had done. I was experiencing pain when trying to poop, and for a while after, but that was about it. Then over the course of a short few days it got progressively worse. To the point where I was not only in pain after going to the loo, but constantly, 24/7. Couldn’t sit down, could barely walk.. I even fainted once because of the pain I was in. This is when I contacted my GP who confirmed I have an anal tear. I’ve had laxatives and stool softeners prescribed, as well as a local anaesthetics cream and I’ve changed my diet completely (to be honest I barely eat, but when I do,) I eat mostly fruit smoothies and soups packed with beans etc and I drink at least 3L water per day. I also take frequent sitz baths as my gp advised. Absolutely NOTHING helps. I am in the worst pain I have ever experienced and have been for 2 weeks now. I can’t go to work, can’t see friends, I can’t do anything. I’ve been in contact with my GP several times since and I feel like no one understands how much this effects me and how much pain I am in constantly. I have only had it for a few weeks and I feel like I am already at the end of my rope. My GP keeps telling me it is not a chronic fissure as I’ve only had it for 3 weeks but if I need to wait this out I don’t know how to handle it. I am so desperate I just cry every day as my whole life revolves around this and I am in constant, unbearable pain that I can’t even explain and wouldn’t even wish upon my worst enemy.

I just want to hear if anyone has got any advise for me of what to do now, and if anyone wanted to share their own stories, if anyone has recovered from this condition and how.

Because at the moment I just feel very hopeless and can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel.

x Em

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

im in same position in contant pain cant walk cant go to work cant drive im in severe pain

mine hasnt been caused by same thing mine was just ive struggled to go toilet for years eventually this has lead to tears.

but whatever way the tear happens its has happened and your in agony its took me ages to get treatment today im on morphine so hoping tgis helps with the pain i have second lot of botox on 16th so praying it works if not who knows

you need to eat tho as when i havent its worse have a laxative every night sennocot it will help to stool come out easier also have lactalose to soften your stoll both available from chemist

hope it eases xx

• Posted

I had a chronic Fissure that a GP tried to treat. Best thing I did was ask for a referral to a colorectal surgeon. They specialize in these things. They know how horrible and painful they are. Ask for a referral. I spent one week on a cream and then the surgeon had me in the following week for LIS surgery. The pain was overwhelming and took over my life, I understand the pain you are going through. After surgery-My life was almost instantly mine again. I wish you the best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Alex can I ask how your recovery was and did you have any additional procedure at the same time?

I'm booked for LIS with removal of 2 external skin tags and banding of 3 internal grade 3 hemorrhoids.

Terrified!

Pain from fissure is 24/7 at the moment.

• Edited

-take magnesium citrate/oxide supplement daily: this is the best stool softener!

-don't eat white flour foods or anything that is constipating for you

-add kiwis, pears, prunes, flax seed to your diet

-find a good balance between your fibre intake and water intake. too much fibre or too much water can cause really big stools

• have sitz baths - helps the blood flow and promotes healing

• buy a portable bidet shower spray to clean yourself. and dab with tissue to clean, do not wipe.

if it doesn't heal by 6 weeks, ask your doc to refer you to a crs so you can discuss surgery options

• Posted

Can you use Recticare ? It numbs the pain. You can buy it over the counter. It was a lifesaver when my hems got really bad.

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your problems and I hope you get something sorted out soon.

I apologise for asking this but someone suggested Recticare; can you buy it over the counter in the UK?

• Posted

Hi Emma,

you can try Dr.Buttler on Amazon. It will help with the pain after few used. but i do not know if it healing or not. i only use for few day then go back to Calmoseptine.

watch what you eat, the cream only 40%. you will heal just be patient. this thing kill your promotion a lot, but be positive you will heal just the time. take it under control first.

i have been on off for 3 years, it seem like active during winter, i am trying to fix it now. each time i have new thing to learn about it. i am at the point just bleeding I dont feel hurt anymore. if hurt just about 1 or 2 on level 10. put either dr buttler or calmoseptine. you feel normal after 20 min. dr buttler you will feel something on your butt, calmoseptine you feel nothing you dont even hurt when you walk.

thats all I have

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.