Anal Fissurectomy recovery

Posted , 20 users are following.

After suffering for 2 years with a chronic anal fissure I had an anal fissurectomy on Tuesday.

although very worrying, the time in hospital was ok.

Now that I'm home the pain has begun. Every time I have a bowel movement I'm in complete agony, even with extremely soft stools.

. I was expecting some pain but nothing like this.

I don't know if this is how it's supposed to be and how long before I can go to the toilet without fear!!

Any help is appreciated

Mark

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sorry to hear that you had such a bad time. Just wondering how you are now ?

My adult daughter has had 3 fissurectomies with botox & still has her chronic fissure - so next step is an advancement flap & I am really concerned about recovery & pain - as I cannot find any success stories with this procedure. 

Does anyone have anymore follow up information ? Thanks

• Posted

I have recently had a fissure and went thru surgery 5 days ago. This fissure was the result after having a hemmorroidctomy in July these have been the most horrible 4 months of my life right now after this las surgery the pain down there is totally unbearable i am taking pain meds even taking 2 at a time and no help. I asked if i could aply rectal cream or lydocaine gel in the area the answer was no, but did anyways!! I am desperate. I have stitches sticking out of there and what appears to be a small ball sticking out. Drs office say is swelling from stiches and is normal. BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS PAIN???!!! I have lost my apetite. Litteraly forcing myself to have a bm with laxatives an stool softners. Dont have one every day only every other day. ANY ADVICE PLEASE!!!
  • Posted

Hi mark how are you feeling did your fissure get healed? AAm worried about my self I had anal fissure for 3years am planning to make surgery but am scared it might get worse after surgery I need advise please
  • Posted

I had my surgery on the 3 dec.had some pain the first 3 weeks.got better.my pain now is weird like something pressing md say it's scar tissue.only after bm.nor bad just uncomfortsble.overall best thing I did.no more crush glass pain.

• Posted

I had a fissureectomy and boxtox injections five days ago now. The day I got home, and the follow day were rough to say the least. I had severe pain and thinking that my first bowel movement post op was going to send me through the roof I was dreading it! The first time I went actually was less painful that pre op, and I was pleasantly surprised. I’ve barely had any bleeding and the pain is almost completely gone. The 2nd day after the procedure I did have some SEVERE itching, but by day 4 that subsided as well, as far as I can tell this process is proving to be well worth it. 
    • Posted

I just had mine done today i dont feel any pain yet maybe cause the pain medications they gave me is still in my system im just very scared i will feel pain tomorrow and worse then it was before?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.