Anal fistula

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 25 year old male and I'm pretty sure I have a reacurring fistula in the same spotsad I had a cutting seton stitch placed and it fell out as it was supposed to about 1 1/2 years after my first operation!! Healed right! About a year of being stitch free its back! 😒 why does this keep happening?! I can't take it any more this is messing with my life! Any body else have the same issue? I'm wondering what to expect??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you have crohns? Mostly because of diet. Eating foods that causes inflammation and having constipation.
    • Posted

I dont have crohns but I recently became constipated and everything seemed fine but as soon as the laxative started working my symptoms came right back. I remember with it the first time too that liquid stool seems to make it come back right away. I have an appointment with the same surgeon Tuesday 7 days away and I'm hoping thats not too long

• Posted

I mean is, does the drainage have stool in it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.